Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Rock n play question- not a mold post!

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM
  • 18 Replies

How long did your baby sleep in his/her rock n play?

I still want to get one for my dd but she's almost 4 months and i'm afraid she won't fit much longer if I get one.  I got a infant to toddler rocker, but she's not as reclined as I'd like, and when I set it back to the nap position, it can't rock.

Lilypie - Personal picture
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NowImAMom...
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I have this infant-to-toddler rocker. The recline and kickstand are separate, so it can be rocked while reclined :) I just double checked, too.

LINK

CafeMom Tickers
emilyelephant
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Yeah this is the one I have, lol. I want her to be laying back more, like when it's in the nap position. Mine doesn't rock in that position, unless I put it together wrong :/ The 2 reclining positions are really similar which was disappointing, and she just sits up too much in it. 

Quoting NowImAMom...:

I have this infant-to-toddler rocker. The recline and kickstand are separate, so it can be rocked while reclined :) I just double checked, too.

LINK

NowImAMom...
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:53 AM

To make it rock, you need to fold back the bar at the bottom/front

This is it in rocking position:

And this is it in reclined/not rocking:

*Not my chair, I found these on Google lol

But do you see the bar in the front? Or do you mean you want it to rock as reclined as it is in the bottom pic? Gabe slept in it in the reclined/rocking position quite well at 4 months, and even a little earlier than that. It seems worse than it is, I think- have you tried it?

Quoting emilyelephant:

Yeah this is the one I have, lol. I want her to be laying back more, like when it's in the nap position. Mine doesn't rock in that position, unless I put it together wrong :/ The 2 reclining positions are really similar which was disappointing, and she just sits up too much in it. 

Quoting NowImAMom...:

LINK

CafeMom Tickers
NowImAMom...
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:54 AM

I don't know why the second pc didn't show up, here it is:

CafeMom Tickers
NowImAMom...
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:55 AM

What the heck?? I'll see if I can find another... here's the link to the picture, I have no idea why it won't show up... LINK

kaybri2012
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I have one and intended to use it for my son for nap time - but he didn't like it!  He loves his bouncy seat instead and takes naps in that!  He's 6 months now and will be out growing his seat soon.  I want to find another!

NowImAMom...
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I win!!!

And I hate this picture, because that is SUCH a dangerous way to feed baby, and I DO NOT promote that as safe- this picture is for view of the chair only!!

addyangel
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:01 AM
If you are talking about the Fisher Price rock -n- plays, I believe they go up to 20-25 lbs. My DD has one and she sleeps in it almost every night. She's had a lot of nasal congestion problems and keeping her elevated helps her breathe better, instead if laying flat on her back. She's 4.5 months old and is 12 lbs now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nolanzo
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Omg I'm glad you said that... I saw that and was like WTF?!

That picture really shouldn't be used as a promo for that product :(

Quoting NowImAMom...:

I win!!!

And I hate this picture, because that is SUCH a dangerous way to feed baby, and I DO NOT promote that as safe- this picture is for view of the chair only!!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NowImAMom...
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:15 AM

It was f*cking advertised on the box as the postition to feed baby in. Because, ya know, we want to tell moms that choking our babies and pouring purees down their throats is how to eat. *sigh*

Quoting Nolanzo:

Omg I'm glad you said that... I saw that and was like WTF?!

That picture really shouldn't be used as a promo for that product :(

Quoting NowImAMom...:

I win!!!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)