Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Upset to the extreme

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM
  • 10 Replies
I had my son just over a week ago on December 31st. Things have been great really and he is doing wonderful. The thing is I cry all the time. I just feel like I've ruined his life by having and keeping him. Me and his father are together but he annoys the crap out of my mom by making stupid comments. This annoys me too and it just seems like he is dragging his feet in life now. We both are seniors in high school but while I worked hard while going through a hell of a pregnancy and finished my required classes for graduation early he is getting fathr and farther behind. Both his family and mine are worried he won't be able to graduate this year because he is so far behind. This really annoys my mom and whenever he comes over to see the baby and me my mom pretty much disappears in order to prevent from her saying something she will regret. I hate all of it and I cry all the time just feeling like I ruined my sons life and he could have such a better life if he would have a full family. I don't want to have to choose between his father and my mom because my mom is so much more of a help and support. I'm so scared of what will happen to my son and what his future will be like but I know it won't be as great as he deserves. Sorry for ranting I needed To get that out but now I'm crying again. I love my son to death but I can't help but cry knowing I've really ruined his life.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I had my son when i was a Sophmore. He's turned out ok. His dad is a POS but that's out of my cintrol. I have found another man for my son to look up to. My husband is a wonderful role model. And even though our family is "different" we make it work. If your bf tries to make you choose between your mom and him.... choose your mom because he's obviously not worth it. A man should not be disrespectful to your family even if he doesn't necessarily like them. As for the crying, it could just be "baby blues" or it could be depression. You need to speak to your doc about checking your hormone levels and referring you to a counselor/ psychiatrist
Kaylahk
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I was severly depressed before becoming pregnant and saw a psychiatrist and psychologist but I haven't seen either since I got pregnant. Idk what's going on I just feel like everything is spiralling out of control

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I had my son when i was a Sophmore. He's turned out ok. His dad is a POS but that's out of my cintrol. I have found another man for my son to look up to. My husband is a wonderful role model. And even though our family is "different" we make it work. If your bf tries to make you choose between your mom and him.... choose your mom because he's obviously not worth it. A man should not be disrespectful to your family even if he doesn't necessarily like them. As for the crying, it could just be "baby blues" or it could be depression. You need to speak to your doc about checking your hormone levels and referring you to a counselor/ psychiatrist

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 11:51 AM
It sounds like you need to reconnect with them. It could be some of your underlying depression as well as ppd. After i had Jordan i was so depressed that i cried literally all day. I lived with my pos boyfriend but i always had to get $ ftom my parents because he wouldn't buy things we needed. He literally told me he didn't have $15 for a can of formula because he needed $3400 for a four wheeler! It really took me a long time to move past it and my pride wouldn't allow me to get the help i needed.

Quoting Kaylahk:

I was severly depressed before becoming pregnant and saw a psychiatrist and psychologist but I haven't seen either since I got pregnant. Idk what's going on I just feel like everything is spiralling out of control

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

abra
by Abra on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:37 PM
((hugs)) also remember that your post partum hormones could be out of whack. The non-stop crying could be something your dr could help with. Sometimes it just takes some time for your hormones to get back to normal.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I had my first at 17. I had severe postpartum depression. It sounds like you have PPD as well. I would start going to therapy again maybe see about medication. Everything will be okay:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM

First of all you havn't ruined your son's life.  As long as your there for him and your being the best mom you can be, that's what really matters.  As for the crying all the time, in order to be the best parent you can be, you need to take care of yourself.  Right now your just a few weeks post pardum and your hormones are probably still all out of wack, but if it dosn't get better real soon, please reconnect wih your counselor and take some personal time every week to address yourself and deal with all your emotions.  Hang in there, things are going to be okay.  :)

othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:01 PM

That would be tough. Just focus on your son and school. If his dad comes around and grows up and handles things great, if not just focus on doing your best.

rwebb11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:11 PM
A few things, your hormones are going crazy right now. If it doesn't get better seek help from your doctor.

You are a strong mama, be there for your son. Do everything in your power to make his life perfect. Right now, all he needs is love, food, and a warm place to sleep.

If you truly feel like you don't want to do this it is not too late to look into adoption. Many people would love to love your baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 9, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I was not a teen mom but when I had my first I remember worrying I was not a good enough mom and crying. It was PPD. After I got help, a lot of my fears were alleviated. It's normal to feel this way after having a baby. If you ever need someone to chat with you can message me. Good luck momma and congrats on the new baby!

Kaylahk
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 6:28 PM
I can't go back into depression! I need to be better because it broke my parents hearts when I was depressed and I can't drag them back into that. Ugh idk what to do
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN