Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Where'd my happy baby go?

Posted by   + Show Post
So the past couple days I noticed my 4 month old dd just doesn't seem as happy. She's not really smiling and is fussy. Monday she got her vaccines.. Maybe that's why? And I started 2 tsp rice cereal in bottle which she is eating fine and Zantac. Has this ever happened to your lo's suddenly? And did they get over it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Replies (11-20):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Maybe try stopping for a few days and see if there's a change. It's hard on their tummies.

Quoting mandapanda82:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Sounds like teething. Could be the cereal though if it started when it was introduced.

Its hard to say since the day she got her shots we also stared the cereal-- idk if I should wait and let her maybe adjust to the addition af cereal or stop? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Maybe try stopping for a few days and see if there's a change. It's hard on their tummies.

Quoting mandapanda82:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Sounds like teething. Could be the cereal though if it started when it was introduced.

Its hard to say since the day she got her shots we also stared the cereal-- idk if I should wait and let her maybe adjust to the addition af cereal or stop? 

Ya I think I am thanks:)

CafeMom Tickers
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I'm assuming she has reflux? It could be the rice cereal. Is she pooping ok? Rice can cause constipation. If those things are fine then maybe teething.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:10 PM

the vaccines can do it, but irritability is a side effect of zantac and it's also a side effect of having solids before their tummy is ready, with so many changes it'll be hard to pinpoint what it is.

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM
If she was ready for the cereal she shouldn't have to adjust to it. It is probably the cereal if tylenol is not helping. I would stop and just wait for the zantac to take affect
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Ya poops are normal

Quoting expectantmom81:

I'm assuming she has reflux? It could be the rice cereal. Is she pooping ok? Rice can cause constipation. If those things are fine then maybe teething.

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Is irritability always a side effect- or do they adjust to it?
The Zantac I mean

Quoting emkirkley:

the vaccines can do it, but irritability is a side effect of zantac and it's also a side effect of having solids before their tummy is ready, with so many changes it'll be hard to pinpoint what it is.

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM

not always, most kids if they are going to drop the irritability will get used to it at about the 2 week mark.

I don't really understand though, if your baby was generally happy before then why the zantac?  It doesn't stop spit up, it only stops the pain associated with it...most reflux babies aren't happy babies.

Quoting mandapanda82:

The Zantac I mean

Quoting emkirkley:

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM
No she was a very fussy baby- I mean she smiled, but like 20 mins after she are she's start getting squirmy and fussy and she always has to be inclined- hates being on her back she just would seem in pain

Quoting emkirkley:

not always, most kids if they are going to drop the irritability will get used to it at about the 2 week mark.

I don't really understand though, if your baby was generally happy before then why the zantac?  It doesn't stop spit up, it only stops the pain associated with it...most reflux babies aren't happy babies.

Quoting mandapanda82:

The Zantac I mean

Quoting emkirkley:

emkirkley
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM

oh, then why'd you ask where your HAPPY baby went?

anyway, keeping upright, wear in a baby carrier, changing formulas, zantac (bear in mind it takes 2-3 weeks to know if it going to really help because that's how long the esophagus will take to heal), axid, pepcid, prevacid, etc can all be helpful, but if it is in irritation or allergy changing formula is the best place to start.

Quoting mandapanda82:

No she was a very fussy baby- I mean she smiled, but like 20 mins after she are she's start getting squirmy and fussy and she always has to be inclined- hates being on her back she just would seem in pain

Quoting emkirkley:

Quoting mandapanda82:

The Zantac I mean

Quoting emkirkley:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN