Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Where'd my happy baby go?

Posted by   + Show Post
So the past couple days I noticed my 4 month old dd just doesn't seem as happy. She's not really smiling and is fussy. Monday she got her vaccines.. Maybe that's why? And I started 2 tsp rice cereal in bottle which she is eating fine and Zantac. Has this ever happened to your lo's suddenly? And did they get over it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Replies (31-40):
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Ythank you!! I didn't even bother reading that last one from you know who! Why do ppl feel it necessary to be so rude? We are just moms Tryinf to raise our babies the best we can-- no need for that crap! But again thank you for. Being so kind!

Quoting TerriB0311:

I really wish people would stick to what is asked and stop being so nasty. Some of these comments are just way too rude and holier than thou.

Op- to answer your questions the best I can:

I had a baby with milk protein allergy so he went on Alimentum for tummy troubles. He was diagnosed with true reflux-more than 3/4 of the symptoms above and was put on Zantac. It took 2 weeks for me to notice any improvement. If you think it might be the cereal, you can either stop it or try barley. It's less binding than rice. And it could very well be the shots. If memory serves, at 4 months they get the DTAP which hurts like crazy. My lil guy was fussier than normal for about 3-4 days after that shot series. I got the same shot a few days after him and my arm killed me for a week!

Sorry you're having a rough time. Hope your LO settles down soon!

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:53 PM
It depends on what you mean by 'adjust'. If there are any problems with the new food, it needs to be stopped. Could be allergies or that her tummy simply isn't ready for solids. One of mine wasn't ready until she was 10 months old. It just depends on the baby.

Quoting mandapanda82:

Also when introducing anything new in baby's diet they need to adjust, right? I may stop it though if she keeps seeming unhappy

Quoting mandapanda82:

She's having normal stools BUT she keeps chewing on hands and punching her cheek- maybe teething?

Quoting YzmaRocks:

It could be either the vaccines or the cereal. Since she is so young, her tummy may be having a hard time digesting it and it could be giving her tummy aches. She also could be teething. Is she drooling a lot or gnawing on her hands?

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I believe her daughter has a dairy allergy and can't use that.

Quoting Action_Jaxon:

try enfamil-ar. it already has the rice in it and is made for babies with excessive spit up.

Quoting mandapanda82:

No? Ya in just gonna stop the cereal anyways. I didn't even want to use cereal- dr just said give it a try for the reflux

Quoting SewingMamaLele:

They shouldn't have to "adjust" to solids. 

Baby_Avas_Momma
by Gold Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Did the doc test for dairy/milk protein allergy before diagnosing reflux? Reflux is extremely over diagnosed (not saying that's the case here), and should really only be diagnosed by a GI doc, not a pedi. Just offering some insight. Hope things start getting better for her...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElliesMommyy
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM

It could be a number of things.

It could be teething. Growth Spurt. Shots. It's just apart of a baby growing. :)

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM
No she just said its not the formula-since her stools are normal and no rashes &" - she's on soy since she was in the nicu they put her on it at 3 weeks-/ because they claimed its easier on their bellies... I know it's overly dx. I just wanna maker my lo feel better and ill try anything !

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Did the doc test for dairy/milk protein allergy before diagnosing reflux? Reflux is extremely over diagnosed (not saying that's the case here), and should really only be diagnosed by a GI doc, not a pedi. Just offering some insight. Hope things start getting better for her...

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM
Ya i was thinking growth spurt too

Quoting ElliesMommyy:

It could be a number of things.

It could be teething. Growth Spurt. Shots. It's just apart of a baby growing. :)

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Nothing to add, a lot has been said but.....

((Hugs)) I hope you get everything figured out.

TessaRae01
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
Probably her shots. And I had my daughter on rice since she was probably that young, if not a little younger. She had bad reflux and the doctors told me too, she never had a problem with it.
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:09 AM

My oldest nephew had acid reflux and his pedi put him on zantac but my sister also switched him to the ready to feed formula (I don't remember which formula he was on) and it seemed to help a ton.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN