Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

someone please help!!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
My 15 month old dd went to the doc today for a high fever, after everything came back negative they wanted to check for a urinary tract infection. I said I did not want her to have a catheter! They looked very irratated with me and bagged her to catch urine. So then they tested it and said it looked very suspicious and they said the HAD to Cath her. She freaked out and cried and screamed and I felt like a real asshole for making her go through it for nothing. Anyway 3 hours later and 7 ounces of pedelyte she still hasent peed!!! Could they of messed something up inside of her?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
brittney28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Btw her quick sample came back negative to a bladder infection.
abra
by Abra on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I don't think that could happen but if you are concerned, you should call ask a nurse or your doctors office. Good luck! 

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I don't blame you, I wouldn't have wanted my baby cathed either. I do think something can get messed up. I'm not positive but I think something could happen. I hope you figure it out : /

Update us when you can

brittney28
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:53 PM
She peer, I was just being paranoid I guess

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I don't blame you, I wouldn't have wanted my baby cathed either. I do think something can get messed up. I'm not positive but I think something could happen. I hope you figure it out : /

Update us when you can

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Oh Good!

Yeah, I would have been paranoid as well!

Quoting brittney28:

She peer, I was just being paranoid I guess

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Update us when you can

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)