Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I don't want my baby to walk so soon!

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM
  • 13 Replies

My little girl has always been very advanced in everything she does. I know other kids who are too, so I'm not saying she's special in that, but she is a advancing a lot faster than my now 4 year old did (though she is super smart and hit milestones normally). Well from day one my now 8 month old could hold her head up, seriously, she couldn't for very long but would lift her head if we had her against our shoulder. Before a month she was rolling over belly to back and around 2 months was rolling back to belly. The doc said was really strong for her age, she actually at her 2 month apointment put her belly on the palm of her hand and lifted her up and my daughter put out her arms and legs and lifted her head, showing how strong her stomach muscles were. She could sit assisted slightly around 4 months and was sitting well by herself around 5 months, she started dragging herself around, like comando crawl at this age too. By 6 months she was sitting extremely well and would catch herself if she almost fell over and was super quick comando crawling.

She's been pulling herself up to standing occasionally since right before 7 months (which my other girl did that too) and she is a pro at it now at 8 months. She now has started "furniture cruising" you know walking along the edge of the couch or whatever. She takes steps when you hold her hands and she has really strong legs. Suddenly out of the blue she will stand there just barely touching the couch with one hand or elbow and reach out. A couple times she has completely let go but almost immediatly fell to her butt. Just within a few hours she is figuring out more and more super quick. Her older sister didn't start doing that til right before she started walking at 13 months! Now that she has started getting close to walking she will occasionally crawl the normal way on all fours. She is super mobile though and goes from laying to sitting, to pulling up, she has been doing this since about 7 months.

I just wanted to share, I really don't want her to walk so early lol, then she's a toddler to me lol I want her to stay my baby. Actually in some ways it will be nice when she is walking, and she already gets into EVERYTHING so it won't be much different but she'll be able to better play with her sister. Just so you don't think I'm crazy her dad walked at 9 months so its not unheard of that she might walk that soon. Any other advanced babies? :) I love hearing about this stuff so talk away!

by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stargazerwolf
by Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Oh and I also wanted to mention she already says "mama" and "dada" actually trying to get our attention or when we leave the room she chases after us saying it. :) It's kinda cute. Sometimes we play a chasing game, I get down and crawl around and she chases after me lol. They are very fun at this age :)

babygomez
by April on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I LOVE to watch my son & daughter play together now that my son is walking! He's 13 months old, and has been walking for about a month now. She especially loves it, she's 4 years old. :)

stargazerwolf
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Aw, ya I can't wait for that. My 4 year old just loves her little sister so much, its adorable. I think they are spaced well because she can fully appriciate being a big sis from the begining :)

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:26 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what I can't wait for! I know Chloe is just dying for her lil sis to start being able to play with her!

Quoting babygomez:

I LOVE to watch my son & daughter play together now that my son is walking! He's 13 months old, and has been walking for about a month now. She especially loves it, she's 4 years old. :)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SaraSnider
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 2:40 AM
My dd was walking 2 days before she turned 9 months, she looked so funny being so small, she has done alot of things before "recommended" age.
babygomez
by April on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:03 AM

She'll love it! You'll love it!

Quoting mandapanda82:

That's what I can't wait for! I know Chloe is just dying for her lil sis to start being able to play with her!

Quoting babygomez:

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 3:44 AM
My daughter started at 10 mos and hasn't. Stopped walking
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:28 AM
Lol push her down.... no seriously don't
MamaScho88
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Lol I always hear of all these babies walking at 9 months old and I am just amazed...and 3 of my kids walked at 13 months, they all did everything else at different times but the walking all started at the same age

stargazerwolf
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I just found out my sis walked at 9 months too lol. My mom also told me somehow I was potty trained at a year old, but when my twin brothers were born I reverted back to diapers. I can't even imagine having a baby potty trained at a year old.

I said the same thing about how my baby would look funny walking when she's so tiny! lol. I can't imagine, she is kinda smallish for her age, though still normal, she's about 16 lbs (after she eats) and 27 inches, weight wise she's a bit small, but maybe a little tall for her age, she's thin :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)