Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

friendly debate. When are boys to old

Posted by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this
When are boys to old to go in the women's bathroom with their mom?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmama11212
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I think when they are 5 or 6 my opinion though my sons only 2 months probably will change my mind later on
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paigesmommy78
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
idk i guess 7or8
kirstina
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM
My son stopped coming in the women's room with me sometime over the summer at 5 1/2. If we were at an extremely busy place like an airport I would likely make him come in with me.
proudmama11212
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Yeah thats understandable my nephew stopped at 4 but his mom always waits for him outside the guy restroom when he has to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
I think by about 5 or 6 you should be looking for the family bathrooms. But if the other choice is to leave them alone outside or send them into the men's alone, I don't care under about 12. We go into stalls to do our business, anyways.
My DH had to take our daughter (2 at the time) into the men's room once. He said he covered her eyes on the way in, in case there was someone at the urinals. LMAO.
kirstina
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM
My husband will not take my 4 year dd to the bathroom anymore. If for some reason he takes her out and I am not going he makes sure she goes before they leave. The onetime he had to take her to a public RR he left Lowes and went to speedway because she could go in by herself and he could stand there and check on her.

Quoting tyrelsmom:

I think by about 5 or 6 you should be looking for the family bathrooms. But if the other choice is to leave them alone outside or send them into the men's alone, I don't care under about 12. We go into stalls to do our business, anyways.

My DH had to take our daughter (2 at the time) into the men's room once. He said he covered her eyes on the way in, in case there was someone at the urinals. LMAO.
kirstina
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Really up until 12? You don't think a 10-11 year old can go to the bathroom alone while out to eat or at Walmart?

Quoting tyrelsmom:

LoveMyCuties612
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM
2 moms liked this
My son is 7 and depending on if a place is very busy or not ill have him go in the women's. Sometimes he can't reach soap dispensers and stuff and I can't go into the men's to help him with that. Also If there's men in there it worries me. :/ lol I'm so scared of creepers. I can check on him in the women's.. I can't in the men's. So he usually goes in the women's. No women ever seem to mind they usually smile at him. I think ppl usually understand but Idk when to draw the line :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jade89
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't know

But I still take my 6yr old DS in with me... Too many sickos in this world
tyrelsmom
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM
In our small town I let even my 5 year old go in the men's room while I stand outside. But if someone doesn't trust it, let's say in a crappy area in a big city, it wouldn't bother me. Their child, they are responsible for his safety, they get to make those decisions. The fact is, boys do get molested in men's rooms. So I understand a little paranoia. I'd feel a little sorry for the poor probably totally embarrassed boy, though.

They're not watching me pee or anything, lol, so I don't care.

Quoting kirstina:

Really up until 12? You don't think a 10-11 year old can go to the bathroom alone while out to eat or at Walmart?

Quoting tyrelsmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN