Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

friendly debate. When are boys to old

Posted by   + Show Post
When are boys to old to go in the women's bathroom with their mom?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Replies (11-20):
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 7:39 AM
This exactly. But we do go for the family restroom if there is one. I'm just afraid that bad things will happen to him in the mens room. It's not like he can see anything in there. Oh my son is 7 by the way

Quoting LoveMyCuties612:

My son is 7 and depending on if a place is very busy or not ill have him go in the women's. Sometimes he can't reach soap dispensers and stuff and I can't go into the men's to help him with that. Also If there's men in there it worries me. :/ lol I'm so scared of creepers. I can check on him in the women's.. I can't in the men's. So he usually goes in the women's. No women ever seem to mind they usually smile at him. I think ppl usually understand but Idk when to draw the line :/

JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it depends on the child and the place. To me, going into the women's room isn't too bad since everyone is in a stall. I would be more concerned about a girl going in with her father than a boy going in with his mother just bc of how men's bathroom's are vs. women's. 

Summerlion1123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My son has gone in on his own with me standing right outside since he was about 5 or so but even now (he's 7) if I feel uncomfortable I'll take him into the women's with me. We just went on a long driving trip to see family and at the rest stops I usually took him in with me.
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:41 AM
When I think he is able to go on his own. I don't think there is a set age, it will depend on the child. I cannot imagine my almost 5 year old going by himself. He probably will be with me for awhile yet.
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM
Not sure but I know not before like 6 or 7. When DH is with me I have him take ds otherwise he goes with me because these days I will not allow him to go in the bathroom alone with all those weirdos out there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livigirlsmom322
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:55 AM
I have no problem with people taking their ds in the women's bath room as long as they teach their kids not to look in the stalls. That happened to my dd so now she will freak every time she sees a boy in the girls bath room.
mama-smurf
by Silver Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Not sure. I don't trust people. I don't want to send him in there by himself and some sicko does something to him. I make sure my bf goes with him.
sparklebug86
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:01 AM

6?

aarensmommy
by Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:04 AM

my son is 5 and it depends where we are at and how busy it is. if it is place he is familar with like a local restuarnt he goes himself at stores i will wait out side the mens room for him, unless myself or my 2yo has to go then he goes into the womens bathroom with us. if dh is with of course he takes them.

Eliots_momma
by Bronze Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Good question! - I think that if I had to go to the bathroom I would take my son until he is about 7 or so. Not sure. I am so afraid that someone might grab him up or do something inappropriate if he went in the mens room by himself :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)