Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

friendly debate. When are boys to old

Posted by   + Show Post
When are boys to old to go in the women's bathroom with their mom?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
aimesnyc
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Hmmm....I never really though about it.  I guess it's on a case by case situation, considering age of child, bathroom location, etc.

kirstina
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I understand that. Rest stop can be very dangerous.

Quoting Summerlion1123:

My son has gone in on his own with me standing right outside since he was about 5 or so but even now (he's 7) if I feel uncomfortable I'll take him into the women's with me. We just went on a long driving trip to see family and at the rest stops I usually took him in with me.
abra
by Abra on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Age 4 is too old, in my opinion. 

erikays
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:20 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hopeful2012
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM
My son stopped and just refused to go inside the women's restroom at 5. I had to wait outside the men's room for him.
mommyofblueyes
by Ape on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM

My son is 5, and I still take him to use the women's bathroom.  I don't know when I'll start letting him go to the Mens room alone.  

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I use a family restroom until I feel comfortable. It really depends on where I am.

JasonsMom2007
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:41 AM
my son is 5.5 and he will be coming with me for a long time. between his spd and his anxiety I'm just happy he will now go in a stall alone but only if I'm holding the door or in the stall next to his.
Randi02
by Platinum Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM
It depends on where we are. I started letting my son go alone around age 5 in washrooms without stalls (just a room with one toilet), or places that are not busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imapepper
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:46 AM

My son has become very aware of there being a boys bathroom and a girls bathroom.  As long as there aren't too many people in the men's bathroom or we aren't in a busy place in general, I'll let him go in by himself.  He's 4.5

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN