Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

In a bit of a pickle...

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM
  • 5 Replies
We moved in July and I haven't gotten a file cabinet yet (bug procrastinator) so all of my papers and important documents are still in some boxes. I was trying to find my sons ss card but can't seem to find it. We never went and got his birth certificate because I didn't want to chance losing it in the move. Anyhow, I need to get his BC for this coming fall for early Headstart. How do.I go about getting his BC without his ss card?
Btw, Im sure it's somewhere. Im going to continue looking because it's got to be in one of those boxes. But in case I don't find it in time, how can I get his BC?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:38 PM
In tn they don't ask ss #. They ask what county, mom's maiden name, father, date, hospital, and older and younger siblings. I believe that was all. And i had to sgow my drivers license
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NyiaBaby216
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:41 PM
In NJ where my son was born, they don't ask for SS numbers. When SO had to pick up DS's BC after he was born, all he needed was my sons name and a photo ID. Since SO's name is on his BC, it was easy to confirm . And then SO just paid the 15 dollars. In NY where DD was born, 1st BC's are free. Replacements cost.
SuperMom2433
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:51 PM
Oh okay! Thank you!!! I was assuming they needed ss #.

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

In NJ where my son was born, they don't ask for SS numbers. When SO had to pick up DS's BC after he was born, all he needed was my sons name and a photo ID. Since SO's name is on his BC, it was easy to confirm . And then SO just paid the 15 dollars. In NY where DD was born, 1st BC's are free. Replacements cost.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NyiaBaby216
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I could see why! Lol official documents always require SS #'s.

Quoting SuperMom2433:

Oh okay! Thank you!!! I was assuming they needed ss #.

Quoting NyiaBaby216:

lauratupper
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM

I didn't need my ds's social security card to get his birth certificate. The two are pretty much unrelated.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)