Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any moms with Graves or hyperthyroidism?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 5 Replies
I have graves and it has been under control for 4 years but recently I feel like its out of control. I lost 10lbs this week. I am extremely emotional and angry. My poor hubby his getting most of it. I feel like its taken me over. Any other moms have experience with graves or hyperthyroidism? How do you know when your thyroid is acting up?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AngelicMommy_72
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:05 AM
I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Actually last couple days a sister that I wasn't really connected with and I. Bump heads about something that really made no sense to me whatsoever. Our other sister informed me that she had Graves. I have no idea what that is, So it's completely Interesting that I see your post tonight. Hope you find something that helps you sweetheart

. bump.
kirstina
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:14 AM
My older sister also has graves. Her thyroid was killed off with radioactive iodine. It still affects her in other ways including emotionally. It was hard for me to really understand having graves. Most people can understand how it affects your thyroid and cause you to lose weight, and be tired and things but most understand the emotional part. It really messes up all your hormones.
I hope your sister find a good doctor and she can go in remission with meds.

Quoting AngelicMommy_72:

I'm so sorry you're going through this.

Actually last couple days a sister that I wasn't really connected with and I. Bump heads about something that really made no sense to me whatsoever. Our other sister informed me that she had Graves. I have no idea what that is, So it's completely Interesting that I see your post tonight. Hope you find something that helps you sweetheart

. bump.
Cafe Kelly
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:39 AM

My mom found out she had Grave disease about 15 years ago. She had radiation when she first found out and has been on daily medication ever since. She feels the effects from time to time (if she's late taking her pill she really feels it), but it's most incovienent when she has a cold or flu because she can't take most cold medicines. She goes to her doctor once a year to get bloodwork done.

lauratupper
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Bump!

abra
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:06 AM
((hugs)) I'm sorry. I've dealt with hypothyroidism, but that isn't the same thing.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)