Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The hyperactive baby continues...and now shaking?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM
  • 16 Replies

She is finally asleep in one arm, while I'm typing. But it's been rough. I've been trying to get her to sleep for hours, have put her in her bed about 4 or 5 times, only to have her wake up instantly, screaming. I'm scared to put her down! But while I was changing her, her eyes got real huge, mouth dropped open,and her head and entire body shook crazily for just a few seconds. She started cooing and acting normal immediately after. She has had two seizures back in November, so it alarmed me a bit. She sees her pedi in the morning... Do you think it's a hyper baby thing or something else? These little ones are so complicated. Thank you. :)

EDIT: And the seizures were not like adult seizures, where you shake uncontrollably. She just went limp with her eyes open and would not snap out of it for, the longest stretch being a little over 10 minutes. 

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I've never had any experiance with seizures but since you said she has had two before maybe that's what it was.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
adiggs87
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Im not sure, I just want to say good luck!!! I hope everything goes smoothly...

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Thank you! I do too. She sees a neurologist in two weeks, so we'll see..

Quoting adiggs87:

Im not sure, I just want to say good luck!!! I hope everything goes smoothly...

LilTymomma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:58 AM

never seen/heard or experienced this. But I would be crazy by now, I wouldn't be able to handle my lil one having seizure or shaking like that. I hope everything goes well. BTW they said that if she cries for the period of 1-2 hours you should def see your doctor. Also, when my lil boy cried like that when i laid him down it meant he had an ear infection every single time like 3 or 4 times in the course of 2 years. Best wishes to your lil one! I would really have a doctor in speed dial. and call him/her every time even if they get annoyed at me. I was always asking question with my new born that im pretty sure they already knew who i was. 

Love Always,

Angel

typing

DollFace-23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this
It sounds to me like she had one, if she has a history with siezuresnthen you should probably take her in to the doctor
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:05 AM
My son shakes like you described when he is cold. Maybe the temp. drop when you took off her clothes made her shake for a minute while she adjusted. Though with her seizures prior to this I would suggest keeping an eye on her tonight.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by April on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no idea, sorry.
Best wishes. :)
MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you! And I call them all the time. Her pedi was actually the one who told me to never give in and let her cry..I'm just new to this, but I changed pediatricians and see the new one tomorrow. And I was crazy and crying for weeks afterwards..plus there was a 3 month waiting list for the neurologist in my state. She has been okay since..but this little shaking deal scared me, even though it was so quick. Completely different than the seizures..SO GLAD she gets seen tomorrow. THANKS SO MUCH! :)

Quoting LilTymomma:

never seen/heard or experienced this. But I would be crazy by now, I wouldn't be able to handle my lil one having seizure or shaking like that. I hope everything goes well. BTW they said that if she cries for the period of 1-2 hours you should def see your doctor. Also, when my lil boy cried like that when i laid him down it meant he had an ear infection every single time like 3 or 4 times in the course of 2 years. Best wishes to your lil one! I would really have a doctor in speed dial. and call him/her every time even if they get annoyed at me. I was always asking question with my new born that im pretty sure they already knew who i was. 

MrsKoolaidPunk
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I hope that's all!

Quoting Kaya529:

My son shakes like you described when he is cold. Maybe the temp. drop when you took off her clothes made her shake for a minute while she adjusted. Though with her seizures prior to this I would suggest keeping an eye on her tonight.

hypnautica
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Never had experience with this but just wanted to wish you both well. Sending some prayers up for the little one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)