Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recently received blessing of 13 month old precious baby boy!

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Good Morning!

Haven't taken care of a precious little one in 37 years! So I am looking for all the information I can find to help me as I am the primary care taker for him. I know things have changed drastically since I raised a little one. All suggestions and help are really appreciated. I am currently getting ready to "try to take his bottle",suggested by his Pediatrician. Little guy had a rough spot or a few more than that before we were blessed with taking care of him.Looking for fun things for him, age appropriate toys,games etc.. Kind of scary doing it again at my age, but loving every minute of it! Thanks Everyone!

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
That is so exciting!! When my kids are older I am really hoping we'll be able to adopt some more and/or foster parent. Being a caregiver is the one of the best jobs in the world!! Ok, let me think, 13 months old...sometimes I gave mine a pack of stickers and an old magazine to stick them into and that would keep them occupied for a long time. :-)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lovemrbaby
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

That's a great idea he loves animals and numbers so to Walmart we will go! Thanks so much, hadn't even thought of that one!

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Congrats!!!! Is he walking yet? And i'm sure now you were told you should rear face until 2 years old in the car right
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this
At that age my son most enjoyed a push to ride toy.
IrishIz
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:22 PM

If he's been through a lot of changes I would move slow,y with removing the bottle if he shows any signs of not wanting to give it up.  You have a good carseat?   Up,to date on new information about keeping the, rear facing?   Just follow his leads.  The truth is 13 month olds aren't any different than they used to be...just new technology and information. 

lauratupper
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Quoting IrishIz:

If he's been through a lot of changes I would move slow,y with removing the bottle if he shows any signs of not wanting to give it up.  You have a good carseat?   Up,to date on new information about keeping the, rear facing?   Just follow his leads.  The truth is 13 month olds aren't any different than they used to be...just new technology and information. 

kirstina
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM
This. I would be very slow removing the bottle.

Quoting IrishIz:

abra
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
At 13 months and him having gone through a lot, removing the bottle would not be something I would find helpful. It is often a security item at that age. I got really sick when my son was 8 months old and was in and out of the hospital for almost a year. I didn't wean him off his bottle until I was better and could re-establish his security in other ways. He was 2 when I removed the bottle for him. It hasn't posed any problems.

Quoting kirstina:

This. I would be very slow removing the bottle.

Quoting IrishIz:

mollysmom328
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  Removing the bottle after such a dramatic change in his life is probably not a good idea.  Rear facing until at least 2 is a must.  

http://www.safekids.org/safety-basics/little-kids/on-the-way/car-seats-and-booster-seats.html

Mine LOVES stickers, singing songs, reading books, push toys, riding toys, etc.

lovemrbaby
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Yes he started walking about 10 months old. Thanks for the info also on the carseats! Have debated whether to buy another one  as he is starting to outgrow the one I have. He weighs 22 lbs now. Wasn't sure which brand is the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)