Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Potty training?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:59 PM
  • 4 Replies
What method has worked for you?

Dd2 just turned 1 last week. I don't want to rush her, but with dd1 I tried at 13 months and she'd cry when we would sit her on the potty. We left it alone and tried again at 2. She got it down by her self so I technically didn't show her. I would like to try to start with dd2.

However, I don't know where or how to start.

Dd1 has been night time potty trained for a little more then two yrs. she'll be 5 next month. (I don't expect that for Lexy)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
My dd wasn't fully potty trained until 3... I got her a potty at 16 mos but she just wasn't ready. Best of luck-- just don't push it like u said cuz it can backfire and u don't want that!!:-)
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:19 PM
We just kinda had her lead- that was our method(if that makes sense)!
LilTymomma
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:28 PM

There's always signs if they are ready.  But to familiarize baby to toilet just introduce when you're using it. Make sure shes comfortable in the room. Or you can also sit her in the potty outside and then transfer inside. What I did is sit him in the potty in his room for a few minutes every now and then. Then(after momths) I transferred his potty toddler sit thingamajig to the toilet and now we are doing before bed times and before nap times and he poops every time (well most of the time) He is not ready to potty trained for pee yet; they say if hes able to keep his diaper dry for atleast 4 hours he is ready to potty train completely. BTW my lil boy is now 2. 

Love Always,

Angel

typing

la_bella_vita
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:01 PM

I start introducing the potty at 18 months and follow baby's cues for when they are ready.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)