Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weird cravings

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:16 PM
  • 9 Replies
Im craving ice and chalk im 34 weeks pregnant having a c section in 5 weeks.any tips. Oh and im having heartburn badly
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
preacherskid
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Are you taking pre natals?  The cravings sound like pica, which usually indicates you are deficient in vitamins or minerals.  Heartburn is, sadly, pretty normal at this point (I could have bought stok in Tums as many as I went through lol). I would let the doc know bout he cravings though, they can run some tests to see if you are lacking any nutrients.

Miranda-marie
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:22 PM
Hey! I also had wierd cravings. Mine were for good smelling soap :) I didn't eat any of it though and I had a c section too! It's not that bad the first 3 days are the worst and when they make you get up the first time it's hard. Other than that you'll do fine. The spinal doesn't hurt at all and my surgery was 3 weeks ago :) good luck!!
lextjmom0709
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Yes im taking my pre natals and folic acid, i was anmic weeks be i delivered my dd and this pregnancy is the same (im pregnant with another dd) i go Thursday morning. Could i call in the morning to ask
lextjmom0709
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:27 PM
This is my second c section, im really nervous doing it again but this time i will have a 3 1/2 ds with adhd and an almost 6 dd (two weeks after baby) with adhd

Quoting Miranda-marie:

Hey! I also had wierd cravings. Mine were for good smelling soap :) I didn't eat any of it though and I had a c section too! It's not that bad the first 3 days are the worst and when they make you get up the first time it's hard. Other than that you'll do fine. The spinal doesn't hurt at all and my surgery was 3 weeks ago :) good luck!!

preacherskid
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Yeah call in the morning- this isn't an ER or L&D thing for sure, but anemia can drag on if you don't catch it, as can other deficiencies

first.time.momy
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:09 AM
I would make sure you call in the am. That deffinantly sounds like pica.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I agree with the other ladies I would definantly give your doctor a call about the cravings.  As far as hearburn goes what worked for me was taking tums and drinking milk. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
lextjmom0709
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:38 AM
Thanks ladies.i calling in the morning
MixedCooke
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:50 AM

chalk usually means low calcium.  Tums with Calcium will take care of the heartburn and the calcium deficiency at the same time! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)