Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Letting my five month old sleep with me

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 15 Replies
Okay, so, my fiance and i are living seperately right now due to financial issues. So our five month old and i are living at my grandparents house. My son doesnt sleep very good in his crib, he rolls over and starts crying. Poor thing. So i let him sleep with me the past few nights and he slept with me just fine. Any advice on how to get him to sleep better? Is letting him sleep with me going to start something bad? Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kirstina
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM
My only concern is if he rolls a lot do you think he might roll off the bed.
abra
by Abra on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not a fan of cosleeping, but I'm sure someone else who is has some tips for you. 

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:47 PM
Our Dman is 11months and has slept on his own, with me, his father, and both of us together. He sleeps fine regardless of where he is. Sometimes he has trouble falling asleep one way, so we try another. As long as there is still some type of normalcy, he should be fine. Routine is good.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Google how to side car his crib to your bed. You will have separate sleeping areas, yet will be nearby to offer comfort or to feed him quickly when he wakes up.
noahmommie2012
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:58 PM
mine is 11 months and we co sleep wih him if he cant sleep in his bed. my son tos n turns from day one.
babygomez
by April on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this

My kids have done great in their crib from day one.

Here's a bump!

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:06 PM
2 moms liked this

My daughter has always slept with me.  We both sleep better that way.  Just make sure there's no pillows or heavy blankets too close to him and that there's no way for him to roll of the bed or get stuck between the bed and the wall.

amccandles2
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Thank u! He doesnt roll over when he sleeps with me which is weird, but incase he does i sleep with my arm over him. Last night i let him sleep with me for a while and then moved him to his crib. He slept a little better that way.
YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this
You can look into attaching his crib to your bed. That is what I do. That way, baby has his/her own sleeping space but I am nearby if needed. Usually baby would fall asleep with me, then I would move baby to her bed...most of the time. I love baby snuggles so sometimes baby would stay with me all night :)

She is in her own room now but it still comes in handy. Last week the whole house was sick. I kept her near me in the crib all night so if she threw up I was right there for her.
amccandles2
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:32 PM
Thanks everyone! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)