Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Big head

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:12 AM
  • 6 Replies
I went to my son's 2 month appointment last week and his pediatrician said that his head was big. His height and weight were good she was just concerned about how fast his head was growing. She said it could be hydrocephalus, but it seems minimal since all the neurological signs aren't there. It still makes me scared that something could be wrong and we just have to wait it out. I just want to know if any other moms have had a baby with a big head and he was okay at the end. His head measured 40.5 cm.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mandapanda82
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I'm sorry you must be scared:( I have no experience in this-- other than my half bro apparently was born w hydrocephalus and needed an operation.. Are you getting more tests done? When will you find out if he has it? Hang in there, thee will be fine- they'll take care of him:)

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't find that very big. My sons was 36 cm at birth and 40 at his 2 month appt. He's 6 months and it's now 46 cm.
Lovemybabieslnb
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM
No we're not at the moment. The soc said that we would just have to wait and see since he has no other signs. Maybe we'll know if he show signs before his 4 month check up or at it. Thank you :)
abra
by Abra on Jan. 16, 2013 at 11:28 AM

A friend of mine has babies with very big heads. They even have to do special tests before the baby is born to make sure everything is alright. They are all normal, healthy kiddos! They just got their daddy's big head! :-) 

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:09 PM

My son always had a big head, always in the upper 90's for percentile. It was never an issue in terms of being anything medically wrong with him. He just got a big head from daddy

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Heads come in all shapes and sizes : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN