Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What is your parenting style? Strict or Laid Back?

Posted by   + Show Post

I know parenting isn't one thing or another but of those two, which is closer to your parenting style?

drinking

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
kirstina
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Somewhere in the middle. I am laid back about something like our routine, and there rooms, I am strict with behavior when we are out of he house. I am also strict about disrespect.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
blapier
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 2:01 PM
Quoting Beauty91805:

Quoting babyspots17:

In life my dh and I are very laid back when it comes to manners,rules, and obligations we are strict.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
erikays
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 3:43 PM
Little of both :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:55 PM

More laid back. I do have my hot buttons though.

storkradio193
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 5:16 PM

It is relative and depends on who you compare me to.  I have friends who are generally much more strict and those who are generally more laid back.  It depends on the issue.

http://www.cafemom.com/home/storkradio193

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I would say a little bit of both. I grew up with strict parents and I don't want to parent that way. I try to find balance.

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jan. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Quoting lauratupper:

pretty much right in between. I'm strict with ds when I have to be, but if he is playing well by himself then I let him be and explore.

alandou
by April on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I don't claim either. I just try to get through the day. I'm kind of at a loss right now because my dd just laughs at me when I try to be serious with her and my dh just b*tches me out because he doesnt think I know how to parent. Last I knew, he's a first time dad too but somehow he knows how to handle it all. And I don't dare ask him for help because he'll just b*tch at me some more. So, I feel pretty worthless as a mom and wife right now. Sorry, I know you weren't looking for a long story, but I've been feeling bad lately and I think this post was able to let me vent, lol.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jan. 17, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I say both. It really depends on what's going on. I can be very patient but sometimes not so much, lol! ;0)

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:30 AM

It truly depends on what part of parenting. I'm strict in the fact that there are consequences, we follow through, they do not get away with misbehaving in public even if it means a time-out right then and there, they call grownups Mr and Mrs, when I'm speaking to them and I say "Do you understand me" they answer with "Yes ma'am", etc. But I'm also laid back in the sense that when it's warm enough the kids and I go splashing in mud puddles and rain puddles barefoot, I don't mind messes when they're playing or crafting, I let them try new things that other moms think I'm crazy for (i.e., when my dd2 was 9 months I let her climb the climbing walls at the playgrounds with me right there and my hands right there and with me climbing up right behind her but other moms were panicking), etc. And a lot of things I'm laid back about my husband will be more strict about and then vice versa but the things that are really important to us we're on the same page with. :-) The kids just know that mommy will be up for messier things and daddy will let them watch more tv. Lol!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)