Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Why dont doctors care?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi I'm new to this site but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you guys about this....

We have struggled to get health insurance, we finally got some for our son but it's like cancer. It would be much better to never have gotten it. We are constantly told "we can't see you because we can't accept more new patients with that insurance" :( 

We finally found a doctor that would take us and we were extremely grateful. Until we met this guy. He was less than helpful. Our son lost three lbs in three weeks of course the doctor was very concerned. A couple weeks ago we had to go to a walk in clinic and got antibiotics for ear infections. He has had diarrhea and is having trouble maintaining weight ( not gaining just trying to stay at the mere 16lbs he is at now...) he was almost 19lbs at one point... :( anyhow so the doctor was concerned about his weight, so are we! So what does he do? What is his pearl of wisdom to share? He handed me a piece of paper with "guidelines on how and what to feed your baby" okay so this paper has things like "birth: feed your baby every 3-5 hours for 20 minutes" .............. "birth: give 1-3 oz of water every 1-3 hours"...........  Etc. Sonia's advice..... Is to feed my baby? :(so the past two month this has been an issue and I have been up worrying at night and offering food at every chance... Obviously I'm not doing good enough? Thanks..... 

Sigh sorry it's long, we cut out all solids but avocado and banana and breastmilkto try and get him to gain weight..... He has 10-12 wet diapers a day and now he has diarrhea in almost every diaper. Any advice on weight gain? Also any advice on how to stop diarrhea ... Please? :(

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Replies (21-21):
PinkButterfly66
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Get some baby propbiotic powder and yogurt to restore proper gut flora.  The antibiotics can cause diarrhea and yeast infections because they wipe out both good and bad bacteria.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)