Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

need help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

i have a 2 yrs old and 1 yr old they both sleep with me but they wake up every 2 -3 hrs cuz they dnt have their paci in their mouths :/ is there anyway i can get them to sleep faster and an easier way to get them off the paci?? they fight their sleep til sometimes 3 am than keep waking up after that.... which gets me tired and not able to wake up early... my oldest doesnt take naps anymore durning the day so idk why she stays up so late.. i am a stay at home mom but like to wake up early to get things done while they sleep but its like as soon as i leave the room they know and wake up.. my oldest has to have one part of her body always touching my at night to make sure im there and my youngest sleep almost on top of me... what can i do?? any ideas??? PLS need help

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
babygomez
by April on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:44 AM

I'm sorry, I have no experience with this. My kids sleep in their own beds and pacifiers are taken away "cold turkey" around 12 months of age.

Here's a bump!

jenemiah
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I took the pacifier away at 9 months when the first tooth came in.  First thing in the morning when they get up.....throw the pacifier away, dont let them see you do it. Don't get tempted to keep the pacifiers just in case. You dont wanna give in . Sure they will be crabby and may not want to sleep with out it. When they ask for it...say "you are a big boy/girl and you don't need them" or just a simple " the pacifier is gone" After the first night it should get easier for them.  I gave my daughter a small toy kitten to cuddle and she slept through the night. I know that was at 9 months but it should still work for you.  They may lose the cuddle toy in the middle of the night but the toy is easier to find. Tell them they have to stay in bed at night.  leave the bedroom door open until you are certain they are asleep and close it i that is better for you. I have a video monitor ...if my daughter 2yrs old. ...tries to get outta her toddler bed I say loud enough for her to hear...."Get back in that bed!" stern not yelling.  She climbs back into bed sometimes she will try again but not often.  Hope this helps. Good luck!!

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Snip the tip of their paci's. A friend in my dd group did this. Her 2 yr old put it in his mouth and said "uhoh mommy.... binki broken". She said he went the rest of the day without even mentioning it. With my older son i took his "papa" away at 2. He was crying for it on the way into wal mart and i just looked at him and said "no more papa.... Jordan's too big!" We had a rough couple of days but they had made a rule at day care... no more paci's because the kids were just picking up any paci. So he was already used to taking naps without it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Eliots_momma
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Mine would rather fall asleep with a boob in his mouth so he doesn"t really use a paci. BUMP

"We are the proud parents of a child who's self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn't need us promoting his minor scholastic acheivements on the back of our car." Carlin
Skuzzlebutt
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:06 PM
My 2yo sleeps best with me too and he HATES sleep. Wuts ironic tho is that I used to sleep 14 hrs a day when I was preggo. I never gave my boy a paci so I dunno maybe u could substitute it for a stuffed animal of a charecter they like. My boy loves his Mickey mouse and sometimes it helps..... Sometimes lol u definitely have UR hands full and wish u all the luck in the world :)
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Bump!

lauratupper
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:46 PM

bump

angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM

Quoting babygomez:

I'm sorry, I have no experience with this. My kids sleep in their own beds and pacifiers are taken away "cold turkey" around 12 months of age.

Here's a bump!

Summerlion1123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Take the binkis away. They will cry a couple days and then get over it. Or look up clever tricks online. I read one where you tie them to a balloon and watch them float away saying good bye and stuff.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)