Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Heading down the teething road soon.. questions

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM
  • 8 Replies

Hey Gals!

I beleive my son is coming up on the teething "milestone" as he's getting more fussy and is super drooly and he's falling in lust with a cloth teether he has.. i don't feel anything yet, but the signs are there.. question(s) i have:

is there any mom out there that's baby didn't scream and cry when they teethed? like just fussy and whiney?

i'm just trying to brace myself as i don't do well with the screaming.. wondering if i should buy those noise cancelling headphones lol

please humor me with your stories! Thanks!

~T

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jenemiah
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter had some fussy times with teething , no screaming, no crying.  She would get a little moody. We noticed she would start biting her hand or toys. We gave her homeopathing infant teething drops and/or Colic Calm gripe water when she had problems sleeping because of her little teeth.  My daughter had Colic as an infant and we tried Colic Calm after watching videos on utube that people like us made to show how quick it works.  It is labeled for colic and tummy issues, but it has natural ingredients that promote sleep.  We used this on a few occasions when she was upset from her teeth, calmed her down enough to sleep. Her first teeth were the bottom front teeth. It does take a while for them to come in sometimes. After her front teeth came in the rest were easy for her.  We still gave her the teething drops when she seemed to need them but her sleep was undisturbed.  If you try the Colic Calm beware....it is a black watery liquid and stains.  She loved the taste of it.  We dont like medicines of anykind unless its absolutely necessary. The teething drops and Colic Calm we used were homeopathic/ natural with no side effects. 

aarensmommy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

none of my kids had a real issue with teething sometimes they would be fussy thats it no screaming. 

Blaiden
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
My first two were horrible teethers. I got amber necklaces for my last and we don't even have fussy days :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Marimaru
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Isabelle had like 2 grumpy days before her first 2 teeth came through (her teeth pretty much came in two's, never much more than a few days from eachother).  Most of her other teething was like that.  The only ones I remember being really rough for her were the molars.  For like 2 days she would scream bloody murder when it was time to brush her teeth, and then suddenly she had a molar and it all made sense, heh.

Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My middle son never screamed while teething. He would kinda whine and had a little trouble sleeping, but nothing beyond that. Some babies are good teethers:)

funhappymom
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine didn't scream or holler. We used hylands teething tablets. They worked really well.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

mine handled teething pretty well. I just gave them plenty to chew on!

taraf529
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Thanks ladies! i will take all of this into consideration should i have a screamer on my hands! lol right now he's just chewing on fingers and everything else within hands reach, blankets, bibs, toys, and when those aren't available the fingers lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)