Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Help!!! My daughter is refusing the bottle!!!

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM
  • 11 Replies
Please help any advice would be great!!! My 14 week old daughter will sometimes refuse the bottle. I am nursing her at home and she is getting breast milk in her bottles. She is on Zantac for acid reflux. But it is weird she will go days doing great with the bottle then she will just all of a sudden refuse to take it! I have been back to work since 8 weeks. And we have been battling this since then. I just was wondering if any other mom's have had this same issue? If anyone has any tips or advice they would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kokoscold
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

What kind of bottles do you use? Have you tired changing bottles? It might help. We used Tommie Tippe and a Dr. Browns bottles my son didn't have any issues with thoses. Good luck hope it gets better

ScarlettRose930
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I started with the Avent bottles then we changed to Dr Brown cause she was super gassy. I have the right size nipples for her age.
Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
She may just do what's called "reverse cycling" where they don't take much while away from you and then nurse a lot when you are together. It is very normal, and as long as she still goes through 6 diapers per day, with soaked and poop counting as 2, she is going to be ok.
You can also have the caregiver give her the milk using a medicine syringe, a small medicine cup or a spoon.
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It's normal. Some babies just don't like bottles. Caregiver can try a medicine dropper/syringe, small open cup, sippy cup with or without the inside valve removed. Some babies just refuse to eat anything while mom is away, that's called reverse cycling and that's also normal. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 18, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Bump!

ScarlettRose930
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:23 PM

What does "Bump" mean? Sorry I'm new! Thanks!

ScarlettRose930
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I'm guessing bump is used to bump a post up in the page. Please let me know it I'm right. Thanks!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Bump!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Mom's write bump when they read your post but have no advice so other mom's can read it and give you more replies/opinions/advice : )

Quoting ScarlettRose930:

I'm guessing bump is used to bump a post up in the page. Please let me know it I'm right. Thanks!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Bump!

ScarlettRose930
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Thank you!!! I appreciate it!!! Ok now I have another stupid question what does "ds or dd" mean? Thanks!!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Mom's write bump when they read your post but have no advice so other mom's can read it and give you more replies/opinions/advice : )

Quoting ScarlettRose930:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Bump!

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:50 PM

DS = Darling Son

DD = Darling Daughter

DH = Darling Husband

Quoting ScarlettRose930:

Thank you!!! I appreciate it!!! Ok now I have another stupid question what does "ds or dd" mean? Thanks!!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Quoting ScarlettRose930:

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)