Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

makeing your own baby food

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM
  • 3 Replies
I am going to start making and frezzing my own baby food and am looking for tips on frezzing and makeing it. Along with recipes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Dragonmamas
by Ari on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM

I don't use recipes, I just puree fresh fruits and veggies. You can mix some things, fruits turn out best. As far as freezing the purees, I find it is best to use a freezing tray so that you can pop the portions right out and defrost them. I use the NUK Freshfoods Freezer Tray. I bought it from Walmart for like six dollars. You'll have to Google specs on how long certain foods can be frozen for.

shortyali
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I just cut up what I eat and put it in their tray.
aimesnyc
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this
You can also just use a clean ice cube tray. Much cheaper. What I did was steam veggies and then puree them in my food processor, adding a little bit of water until the right consistency.

Quoting Dragonmamas:

I don't use recipes, I just puree fresh fruits and veggies. You can mix some things, fruits turn out best. As far as freezing the purees, I find it is best to use a freezing tray so that you can pop the portions right out and defrost them. I use the NUK Freshfoods Freezer Tray. I bought it from Walmart for like six dollars. You'll have to Google specs on how long certain foods can be frozen for.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)