Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

1 yr old and doesn't sleep through the night!!!!

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 33 Replies
My ds is goig to be one on the 23... I thought by now he would e sleeping through the night and of course he is not... I don't lay him down till almost 9. I usually try and feed him dinner around 7:30 or 8. And than when he goes To bed i usually give him two bottle a formula rice bottle and a slow milk bottle if he is still hungry after formula bottle... My problem is he still wakes up crying like ten to twelve times throughout the night... Sometimes I have to make a milk bottle just to get him back to sleep.... Is this normal??? I thought he would be sleeping through the night...any advice would be appreciated thanks mommas... And just to throw it in there I am 38 weeks pregnant with a little girl and due any day now... I jut want to get this under control so I am not completely exhausted from beig up all night win both of them lol.... Thanks again
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OliviaW.
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Completely normal. My ds didn't start sleeping through the night until he was 16-17 months old. 

Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't be able to sleep if I were stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey every night either.
They do it when they're ready. It's as simple as that. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CandiceDanielle
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:19 PM
My youngest is 18 months and has only slept through the night a handful of times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vegepunkstr
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM
My kids didn't sleep through the night until 16 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Try giving the bottle earlier and moving bedtime to 8. Also have a consistent bedtime routine and only one bottle. He's probably over tired and way too full.
PEEK05
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Sounds like you overfeed him before bed and has a tummy ache.

Not sleeping through the night at that age is still normal though.  My daughter slept through the night at 8 months but my son did not until 13 months.

Nicholy10
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:24 PM

My 3 year old doesn't sleep through the night consistently, nor does my 5 month old. You adapt. It will be okay. 

RaLeighsMommy11
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Sounds like you give him waaaaay to much food before bed. He should have dinner a little earlier then only a small formula bottle not even a lot. Def doesn't need the rice cereal!!!' His belly is probably hurting him. but yes it's completely normal my dd turned 2 in August & stared sleeping through the night a couple months ago. She still has nights where she wakes up several times. Some babies just don't sleep. Not much you could do but I would def try not feeding him so much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I agree!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

I wouldn't be able to sleep if I were stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey every night either.

They do it when they're ready. It's as simple as that. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this
10-12 times a night has never been normal! And I don't understand why they are making the comments about over feeding him, besides it just being a rude way to say something, it doesn't seem to make sense given that you said you only give him more of he is still hungry. Just ignore any haters.

So, onto your problem, has he always woken up a lot at night or is this new? Also, do you have someone to help with the nighttime routine? At 38 weeks you need good sleep, mama! I am so sorry you are going through this. ((hugs))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)