Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Moms that work full time...

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM
  • 61 Replies
How long after having your lo did you go back to work?
How did you handel leaving your lo?

I start a new job monday working full time and my dd is 8 weeks old...I keep getting really nervous and really don't want to leave her. Any advice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Slayton723
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

bump!

audreesmama
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I have no idea. I have 6 months paid maternity leave and I'm taking an additional 6 at reduced pay so I can be with my son his first year. I am honestly kind of terrified to go back! I'm sorry mama. I wish the US offered 1 year paid like other countries do. Have you joined the Working Mothers group on here? I know I've seen posts similar to this in that group. I'll bet they can help :).

shortyali
by Bronze Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:52 PM
I had 8 weeks with DS1 and I was very nervous to go back. Then with DD I had 12 weeks and I didn't want to go back at all. This time with DD2 I had 8 weeks and by week 6 I was begging to go back. That may have been something to do with the fact I know I'm being laid off in march so I would like to get as many full time paychecks as possible in between.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Emadele
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM
I went back at 12wks pp with both. The first time, nana watched him for the first 6wks or so so that wasn't too hard (there are times I wish I hadn't done that, but that's another story). The second time the boys went to a daycare provider that had been caring for ds1 for about 8mos so I felt comfortable.
I will admit though that I'm pretty much emotionally retarded and don't feel things like others do. I pretty much realized it had to be done and there wasn't anything that I could do about it and getting all emotional was just going to stress everyone out so why bother.

Married to Russell (7/27/09), Momma to Haydn (5/27/10) and Donavyn (8/1/12).
deccaf
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:59 PM
I went at6 weeks. It was hard, but I have a supportive work environment that allowed a little extra time when I felt I needed it. Also, nursing as soon as we got home reestablished our connection.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Slayton723
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Do you mind if I ask why? My dd will be staying with my parents when dh isn't home...
Quoting Emadele:

I went back at 12wks pp with both. The first time, nana watched him for the first 6wks or so so that wasn't too hard (there are times I wish I hadn't done that, but that's another story). The second time the boys went to a daycare provider that had been caring for ds1 for about 8mos so I felt comfortable.

I will admit though that I'm pretty much emotionally retarded and don't feel things like others do. I pretty much realized it had to be done and there wasn't anything that I could do about it and getting all emotional was just going to stress everyone out so why bother.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slayton723
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:14 PM
She's bottle fed so I already lost that :(

Quoting deccaf:

I went at6 weeks. It was hard, but I have a supportive work environment that allowed a little extra time when I felt I needed it. Also, nursing as soon as we got home reestablished our connection.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slayton723
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM
No I haven't joined I'll have to look into it. I'm always on my phone so its hard to see groups I'm not a part of. What country do you live in?

Quoting audreesmama:

I have no idea. I have 6 months paid maternity leave and I'm taking an additional 6 at reduced pay so I can be with my son his first year. I am honestly kind of terrified to go back! I'm sorry mama. I wish the US offered 1 year paid like other countries do. Have you joined the Working Mothers group on here? I know I've seen posts similar to this in that group. I'll bet they can help :).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:16 PM
15 weeks pp for ds1 (lucked into 3 extra weeks on a technicality), 12 weeks pp for ds2.

It is always so hard to leave them... :(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)