Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Bottle to sippy cup!

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What age did you start the transition?

Options:

6-8 months

9-11 months

1-1 & 1/2 yr

2 years

more than 2 years

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 57

View Results

Moms I urge you to start sooner! There is no need to wait until your child is more than a year old. It creates dependancy & all I hear about is how hard it is & blah blah blah. My daughter is 6 months old & i have her drinking out of sippy cups. I would say dont start more than a week or so before 6 months. Get the Nuby sippy cup & start with water. If your baby doesn't like that a more expensive Dr. Browns one is specifically designed for starting at 6 months. It is amazing! 

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Replies (11-20):
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
11.5 months it took us all of 2 weeks to wean from both bottle and formula. He was weaned before his birthday.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Pessema
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:01 AM

My sister-in-law is the same way. It drives me batty! But what can I expect she only started potty training her son after he was 3 bc he couldnt start preschool if he was still in diapers.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

i introduced but didnt force at 9 mos. I bought those soft spout nubs cups and they did the trick. She was off the bottle at 14 mos. I put her milk in the sippy. Plan on the same thing with my youngest. Im blessed. My older sister still lets her 4 yr old have a bottle once in a while. OMG!!

Pessema
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:03 AM

It is so good to see that at least moms on here have some common sense. I don't understand the women that wait until their kids are 2+ to start.

Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:04 AM

omg!! my nephew is also still in diapers. he will actually be 4 in march. She is a stay at home mom too. There is no exuse why that kid isnt trying to use that potty. I guess she thinks that he is her last baby. Makes me so mad

Quoting Pessema:

My sister-in-law is the same way. It drives me batty! But what can I expect she only started potty training her son after he was 3 bc he couldnt start preschool if he was still in diapers.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

i introduced but didnt force at 9 mos. I bought those soft spout nubs cups and they did the trick. She was off the bottle at 14 mos. I put her milk in the sippy. Plan on the same thing with my youngest. Im blessed. My older sister still lets her 4 yr old have a bottle once in a while. OMG!!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
NyiaBaby216
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:06 AM
6-8 mths. My daughter was on soft spout sippies at 6 mths.

DS had hypotonia so his doctor suggested I leave him on the bottle till after his 1st bday. The flow of a sippy cup, even a beginner one was too much for him to handle.
nataliesmom2012
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I had no problem getting DD switched over once I found a sippy she liked. She really liked the Nuk ones, the Dr Browns ones, and Tommy Tippee ones. The Tommy Tippee ones have a harder nipple but that's what she's strictly on now. I got her fully transitioned at 9 1/2 months.

SaraSnider
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:44 AM
I just switched dd ( because she loved her bottle) last week @20 months she still uses one with water to sleep at might but that is it! Im bf this baby and after he turns 6 months i will not start a bottle ( even when im away) because my dd was way to hard to switch
chamelinmom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:50 AM

id start when he/she wants to stop nursing, but if bottle feeding i start switching just about cold turkey except for bed at 9months. at a year try out sasy 2 step cups. they are like regular cups with a plug. its better for their speech and teeth, my kids love it

YzmaRocks
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:45 AM
9-11 months but I usually start a water bottle around a year old.
Hi_Rae
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:07 AM
I introduced 6 months. He is 9 months old right now and uses his bottle and sippy 50/50
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)