Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Shots vent

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

so we delay shots and give the children time to develop an immune system before getting a shot because my 2nd had a reaction to one that landed him in the hospital. Well my baby who is 20 months got his 3rd round of shots(we only normally do 2 at a time) and this time the dr convinced me to do 4 since he already had a round of 2 of them...little did i know they put the 2 in the same leg close to eachother. He had what they called a mild reaction to them to the point his leg swelled up bad with red and a little brusing around it 2 weeks later. Hes been crankey and you can tell not feeling well still. Its been 3 weeks and hes still not well and though the swelling went down,the site still has brusing and you can see the redness around the shot area. All they could tell me is that if it got any worse to just go stright to the hospital and if he was any younger it would have been worse(these were shots they usually give within the first 4 months)....worst of it all, they cant report the reaction to the FDA because they dont know which one it is...its really sad that these things slip though the cracks on how dangerous some of these shots and how many reactions may not be reported because of unknown cases like mine

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:31 AM
I would call them myself or report it on the website. Explain how close they were together and it could be either or both causing this.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abra
by Abra on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Switch doctors. If you can't trust your doctor you shouldn't be seeing him. We also stay in the room for all our children's visits so we can make sure nobody forgets what we have asked.
Eliots_momma
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
I would switch. I won't want a dr that bullied me into make decisions I wasn't comfortable with.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Clh1989
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm pretty sure you can go to the VAERs website yourself and report it.
PinkButterfly66
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

When your doctor bullies you into a decision you don't want, it is time to change doctors.

bbyB10
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:25 PM
I would be raising HELL
chamelinmom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM

they wernt bullying for anything. im saying they gave the shots way too close together and can not figure out what it was, the only thing that would have been would be they told me they wanted to give the 2 shots again and just one in each leg to see his reaction again, i asked them if they were insaine...the worst thing about being in a socluded place like this is that any other dr in the tri county area(after that is nothing but water) requires you to give shots as the FDA tells you to. this dr is the only one that is ok with delay and such. it was a new dr that saw us, believe me, i will be requesting another dr

twogirl91
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

This is why none of my children get their vaccines, I've had two brother's who had vaccines reactions and to me it's not worth the risk. 

ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM
Bump. We don't vaccinate. I would report to VAERS
Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I know that they are completly safe and we follow docs recomendations and get them right away when they recomend.My kids havent ever had a problem with them. We love and trust our ped. He knows best.  No worries here. . But if your uncomforatable then talk to your doc or switch. Some kids have really bad reactions.Not all kids are the same. And human bodies are different and take things differently. Doesnt mean that the vaccine is dangerouse. Not very often but they do. Sorry your kiddos had to go through that. Good luck. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)