Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

The dreaded car/car seat

Posted by   + Show Post
My dd will be 5 mos on the 30th and STILL screams bloody murder in the car. The whole entire ride. I figure shed be used to it by now. I've tried everything- put a shirt w my scent back w her, toys, mirror, light up mirror, music, paci, -- she's fine if I'm back w her giving her a bottle. But obv I can't do that when I have to drive! I was thinking maybe cuz the first month of her life she was in the nicu so never was in a car. My dd#1 loved the car. What do I do!??? It drives me crazy!! When should this pass?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:01 PM
Bump
victoriangavin
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:42 PM
How does the trade in sale work? I have a swing and cradle ds is too big for now and need a play pen

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Mine was like this. He got better (not COMPLETELY but a lot better) when we switched to a convertible around six months. Babies-R-Us is having their trade-in sale right now... :)

Amberleigh81
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:47 PM
You take old stuff and get a discount on new stuff. I am not sure of the deets, but apparently it's worth looking into... :)
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:11 PM

You can skip the infant seat and go right for the convertible seat.

mamoore83
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:32 PM
My dd did that still does some time but it seems to be better now that I have her rear facing in a convertible seat. Maybe try a new seat for your baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:46 PM

one for one

if you bring in two items, then you get a discount on two items, unfortunately you cannot combine items

Quoting victoriangavin:

How does the trade in sale work? I have a swing and cradle ds is too big for now and need a play pen

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Mine was like this. He got better (not COMPLETELY but a lot better) when we switched to a convertible around six months. Babies-R-Us is having their trade-in sale right now... :)

Mommy of FIVE!!!

Tara~12.16.03  Zachary~5.17.05  Rowan~1.17.09  Willow~8/10/11 Baby~ EDA 1/27/13

victoriangavin
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:07 AM
I'll probably bring in one then

Quoting mommaoftwo:

one for one

if you bring in two items, then you get a discount on two items, unfortunately you cannot combine items

Quoting victoriangavin:

Quoting Amberleigh81:

cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:16 AM

I agree with the other ladies I would switch her to a convertible and see if that makes a difference.  My dd was the same way and then we switched her to her convertible and she started to love car rides.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM

What type of a seat is she in? Is she still in an infant carrier? If so, try switching to a convertible seat. My oldest loved the car, my youngest did the same thing as your DD. I moved him to a convertible seat between 4 and 5 months old and that made a big difference. 

MalakbelLacuna
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

my daughter hates her infant seat. I am considering getting this carseat sometime in April. SHe will be about seven months. I wish we never would have even gotten the infant carrier. it was because dh wanted somethin gto carry her into stores with although I had a ring sling and a mei tai. he should have listened to me lol- she never ever rides in the thing.

http://www.target.com/s/graco+baby+my+ride?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google&CPNG=rtcp+baby+travel+gear&adgroup=rtcp++graco+-+b003jsx68i&LNM=Graco%20baby%20my%20ride&MT=broad&LID=9p5548818&KID=296c8b7e-2c9c-da69-0280-00004656046b

I want it in cuddle!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN