Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

I'm tired of the diaper genie

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:21 PM
  • 32 Replies

At first I LOVED my diaper genie!!! But the bigger Jace's diapers are (he's in a size 5 now) the more and more I have to empty the genie and buy more refills! And that's the thing, I'm tired of buying more refills! They ain't cheap and I feel like I'm buying refills more than buying diapers! So what are you momma's doing to throw away your dirty diapers and stopping all the stinks!!!? 

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brebugmom91
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I just put it into a plastic grocery bag and tie it up, and put it in the trash.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Slayton723
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM
I have the arm n hammer one...the refills aren't bad...but my dd is also only in size one...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommys2babies
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this
We only use the diaper genie for stinky diapers. The pee diapers go in the normal trash. Doing it this way we only buy refills about 1-2x every 2 months
alliesaurus
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:26 PM

diaper champ.

you can use regular trash bags.

it can also be used while cloth diapering. line with a pillow case.

I usually just found myself just throwing them in the garbage, and if they were poop, which by the time you are in a size 5, is probably only 2 times a day, i just took it to the outisde dumpster.

PEEK05
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

I don't use disposables, but I just use a trash can from Walmart (one with a lid) and use a liner.  I did the same with my daughter who was in disposables.  I'd just take the bag out and tie it together, like I would my kitchen garbage, and toss it in the garbage.  Now I just empty it out in a laundry basket to be washed since I'm using cloth.

mishlerdr24
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM

Hum, good thinking! I would sometimes do that but opposite! Putting extra poopy/stinky diapers in a grocery bag and pee diapers in the genie, I think I'm going to buy an extra small trash can

Quoting mommys2babies:

We only use the diaper genie for stinky diapers. The pee diapers go in the normal trash. Doing it this way we only buy refills about 1-2x every 2 months

proudmommy690
by Christa on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldnt waste my money on those things. The dollar tree has little bags made for diapers and grocery bags work just as well as anything else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mishlerdr24
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Oh yeah!!! When Jace was in size 1-3 it was very nice, cause it holds sooo much more, now that he's in size 5, ugh I'm emptying it every 4-5 days and going through 2 refills a month

Quoting Slayton723:

I have the arm n hammer one...the refills aren't bad...but my dd is also only in size one...

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:34 PM
I use the arm and hammer one. And only for poopies. Pee diapers go in the regular trash... he's in size 3 and doing this i have only had to buy 2 boxes of refills in 7 months (10 bags per box). And it's a lot less complicated than the diaper genie. No twisting or cutting and lifting it and opening the bottom. Insert diaper and close lid!
mishlerdr24
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I have never seen the arm and hammer one!!! I should look into it!!! 

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

I use the arm and hammer one. And only for poopies. Pee diapers go in the regular trash... he's in size 3 and doing this i have only had to buy 2 boxes of refills in 7 months (10 bags per box). And it's a lot less complicated than the diaper genie. No twisting or cutting and lifting it and opening the bottom. Insert diaper and close lid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)