Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

5 month old baby, 9 weeks pregnant and bad morning sickness

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a 5 month old baby and chrismas day we found out that I am pregnant again. :) We are very very excied of course! But there is one problem, MORNING SICKNESS! I am finding it very difficult taking care of a baby and trying not to throw up. Is there any other moms out there who know how I feel? I don't just have "morning" sickness either. It lasts all day every day. I feel it all day long but it seems to hit extremely hard at night right before dinner. (Of course...) Please give me any ideas on how to help my all day sickness so I cancare for my husband and child like a normal person again. So far I have tried tummy tea, ginger tea, lemon water, just regular water, crackers (those don't work the make it worse), and I believe that is it. Please help me I am getting desperate!

Thanks!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Replies (41-45):
dawnS77
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:23 PM
I have a 13 month old daughter and a 2 month old son....I know how you feel. I remember taking care of my daughter and feeling sick all the time,I would suck on peppermints. This helped tremendously. I hope you get through this I know it is tough.
Dawn
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Eat 4 bites of something all day long. like literally all day long. my sister cant eat more than 4 bites w oit getting sick. and she cant go for more then 20-30mins w out doing it again. so that's the diet her dr. stuck her on. she didnt just have all day sickness she had go to the er for ivs 4xs and at 32wka weigh as much as she did when she got prego sickness.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
emarin77
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I had bad vomiting too all day until I found out I had Gerd which was causing all the vomit.   I had blood in my esophagus.  I changed my diet and had no vomiting after.  If you have Gerd it means no milk or acidic foods.  I drank soy milk instead.

Jessica0930
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Gerd sounds terrible! :( I am so sorry you had to go through that. @Jenn that actually sounds like a good idea. Latey I have been trying smaller meals more frequently. sometimes it helps sometimes not. So maybe I will try the 4 bites often. I have also found any liquid or anything smooth is easy to get down and settles better like milk shakes or yogurt and applesauce nd mashed potatoes. Anything I dont have to chew its weird.

MichelleNShane
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Ginger snap cookies. I know it sounds weird but it helped me with both my pregnancies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN