Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

5 month old baby, 9 weeks pregnant and bad morning sickness

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a 5 month old baby and chrismas day we found out that I am pregnant again. :) We are very very excied of course! But there is one problem, MORNING SICKNESS! I am finding it very difficult taking care of a baby and trying not to throw up. Is there any other moms out there who know how I feel? I don't just have "morning" sickness either. It lasts all day every day. I feel it all day long but it seems to hit extremely hard at night right before dinner. (Of course...) Please give me any ideas on how to help my all day sickness so I cancare for my husband and child like a normal person again. So far I have tried tummy tea, ginger tea, lemon water, just regular water, crackers (those don't work the make it worse), and I believe that is it. Please help me I am getting desperate!

Thanks!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
briebaby123
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:23 PM

My MS was HORRIBLE with my dd :/
I usually found that throwing up made a TON of difference. I know it sucks, but I lived off of Sprite + gatorade (the blue is really yummy), buttered toast or peanut butter toast, and spaghetti for WEEKS. Zofran did absolutely nothing for me :/
Also, I sucked on lemon heads, sipped lemon water, and mint candies.

momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I was the same way with dd2. Try to eat small meals and never let your stomach get empty, it's worse when it does.

momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh and for some reason Coke was very settling to my stomach. 7-Up or sprite would make me sick.

Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:49 PM

i couldnt imagine. Bless you. i took Ondansetron 4mg tab twice a day perscribed to me the whole pregnancy. That stuff is amazing. Im so glad i dont have to go through pregnancy ever again. Im done

potgieter
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:11 PM
2 moms liked this

burp! It sounds bad but i survive on burping as often as i can. and not a little burp, a BELCH! it helps relieve the pressure and gives a little relief. 

my best trick ever. I sound like a frat boy xD

potgieter
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:12 PM

oh also cinnamin swirl toast from pepridge farm was my staple food for settling my stomach. 

have you tried the lollipops and candies for morning sickness?

if its really bad, your DR can prescribe the medication they give people going through chemotherapy to help with nausea.

sorry for horrid spelling.  

luvhubandbabys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Why can't ur husband help u and pick up the slack. When I was sick dh would cook n clean more play with the kids so I could nap etc.. that will be the most helpful right now if he could help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mestiza_07
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:19 PM
I totally feel ya! I had a 4 month old when I. Found out I. Was 6 weeks prego. Unfortunately for me I had it through my whole pregnancy. Beef broth and ginger ale is what helped me. No meds the dr gave me helped. Turns out I had a bad gallbladder.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimhawk
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:20 PM

I had to have Zofran and Phenergan with both my pregnancies. Pretzels and Coke helped me with the boy.

kayleesmom42328
by Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 8:40 PM
I know how you feel. I have 6 month old & am 13 wks pregnant. I also have a 2 1/2 yr old. My morning sickness has finally let up. The only thinks that helped me was small meal, lots of fruits & vegs, staying away from greasy foods, ginger ale, crackers, resting when I can, also breastfeeding dd has helped. It's not easy being pregnant & having a young baby. I never took any medicine for morning sickness with my other pregnancies. But my ob doesn't like to prescribe anything when your preg.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)