Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

5 month old baby, 9 weeks pregnant and bad morning sickness

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a 5 month old baby and chrismas day we found out that I am pregnant again. :) We are very very excied of course! But there is one problem, MORNING SICKNESS! I am finding it very difficult taking care of a baby and trying not to throw up. Is there any other moms out there who know how I feel? I don't just have "morning" sickness either. It lasts all day every day. I feel it all day long but it seems to hit extremely hard at night right before dinner. (Of course...) Please give me any ideas on how to help my all day sickness so I cancare for my husband and child like a normal person again. So far I have tried tummy tea, ginger tea, lemon water, just regular water, crackers (those don't work the make it worse), and I believe that is it. Please help me I am getting desperate!

Thanks!

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
Summerlion1123
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:44 AM
I had this problem too and nothing helped me. I could hardly move. I'm so lucky my son was 6, I can't imagine caring for a baby and going through that. Its one of the reasons I decided not to have more kids. Hang in there, it doesn't last forever!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Summerlion1123
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:48 AM
I agree with this. The only reason my husband didn't was because he was at basic training. As soon as we moved to be with him again he completely took over everything.

Quoting luvhubandbabys:

Why can't ur husband help u and pick up the slack. When I was sick dh would cook n clean more play with the kids so I could nap etc.. that will be the most helpful right now if he could help
aimee091712
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:44 AM
I took zofran, but that never fixed it :-( things that did help bananas, plain baked potatoes, mango, lots and lots of water...diet coke. Things with potassium like I mentioned really help, when you throw up a lot you start to lose potassium :-) something I learned when I had all day sickness. Crackers made it worse for me too, I wanted to smack people who told me crackers and. 7 up lol
aimee091712
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:55 AM
Some ladies mentioned phenegren, that had some crazy side effects for me, I turned into a loon lol, I was confused and I couldn't get comfortable, it caused restless legs...and I felt like I was spinning. I couldn't take it, I've heard this is pretty common, so be careful if you take that
erikays
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM
I remember having morning sickness and my little one grabbing on my leg, worst thing lol. I did a lot of lemonade, it helped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Megz93
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM
I took unisom and B6 for my SEVERE ms, dr said he would give me zofran if that didn't work but it stopped being a problem once I took those. I couldn't keep anything down the whole time I was pregnant unless I took those, especially my prenatal vitamins. I got so sick of ginger ale that I still can't drink it (ds is 11 weeks old), I started to get sick of water so I switched between water and several flavors of gatorade so I wouldn't get too used to any one drink. The gatorade helps keep you hydrated b/c it has electrolytes, works better than water if you're already super dehydrated. I hope this helps!
Megz93
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this
OMG I burped SO MUCH when I was pregnant! At first it was really funny b/c I've never been much of a "public gas" gal and I was burping and farting ALL THE TIME, but toward the end it was starting to get pretty annoying. Now ds is 11weeks and HE farts all the time! Must have been his gas coming out of me LOL

Quoting potgieter:

burp! It sounds bad but i survive on burping as often as i can. and not a little burp, a BELCH! it helps relieve the pressure and gives a little relief. 

my best trick ever. I sound like a frat boy xD

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:31 PM
I can relate. I have concluded the term morning sickness is a joke it's more like morning noon and night sickness. Oddly enough in spicey food helped tremdously. I wonder if it was one of the spices in my stews?
Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:35 PM

I can relate. I have concluded the term morning sickness is a joke it's more like morning noon and night sickness. Oddly enough in spicey food helped tremdously. I wonder if it was one of the spices in my stews? I also broke my meals in half and ate more often huge help. 

Mrs.Burke11
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Mint! Anything with a strong mint taste helped me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN