1) too cold/hot?
2) still gassy? even though he burped once does NOT mean he is done. Bicycle his legs and/or rub his belly counterclockwise
3) infant massage
4) shushing sound mimics what he heard in the womb and is comforting
5) go into a complete darkened room and just walk/sway
6) put his head on your heart, also reminds him of what he heard in the womb
7) CALM DOWN--he feeds off your energy and can sense when you are tense--take deep breaths through your nose and out of your mouth--deep breath in count of 4, hold for 7 and out for 8.
8) sing some lullabies while rubbing his back
Try some white noise. Run your vacuum or hair dryer. Thehair dryer worked for me. If one of these works, you can download a hairdryer or vacuum sounds/apps from itunes or googleplay. Best of luck!
How old is he?
Connect with CafeMom:
Switch to Mobile Site
Getting Started Guide
Frequently Asked Questions
Part of the CafeMom family
© 2014 CMI Marketing, Inc. All rights reserved.
Already Joined? LOG IN