Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

omg there is no way!?!?! please need advice!

Posted by   + Show Post

ellas got a hard white spot on the top left side of her gums. its not poking through the bottom part though its more like in the middle...is this a tooth? shes only 2 months old!!! shes had a very mild loose stool, she is drooling quite a bit and won't take her fist out of her mouth...but shes not teething is she? and would it come in in the middle of the gum? will try to get a pic...please help!

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
nikkifam5
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Looks like a cyst. My DD had One on the bottom that I noticed at 6 weeks and the Dr said it would go away on its own and that it was normal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sissy852
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:30 PM
looks like a tooth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
It looks like a tooth to me too, and you shouldn't worry about it coming out sideways. My kids' teeth looked like that too, and they came out right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ceckyl
by Silver Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I dont think its a tooth.
kirstina
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:18 PM
My sisters baby was born with 2 teeth.

Quoting expectantmom81:

Looks like a tooth. It can take several months to come in though. Some babies are actually born with teeth.
kirstina
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Looks like a tooth. My babies gums looked like that for months before the tooth actually came in.
erikays
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Hehe that is too cute! Looks like a tooth!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CM_Junkie
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:52 PM
Looks like a tooth BUT it can take months and months to actually come in. My daughter had that at 3 months and it came in at 10 months. Mild teething the whole time then two weeks of pure hell then bam it came through
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Looks like a tooth, may take a few months to come in

westtxmomtobe
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM

Just an update. Yes I am aware some may say I'm a mega anal overprotective panicky mom, however that being said: I took Ella to see a dentist who informed me it actually is not a tooth, but her bone! omfg wha?!?!? Yeah, she wasn't at all concerned, though this totally through me off my game and I have a ton of unanswered questions I was told to monitor it, if it gets worse in a month or so she can come back in but that its OK it will go away. She said something about it probably being congenital but she kept telling me its OK and not to worry about it. Keep cleaning her mouth with a washcloth and it will clear up. :( I'm just worried now it might mean she's going to have dental problems later in life. I hope not!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)