Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Baby snoring help plz

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 12 Replies
So both my children snore like grown adults. I never put muh thought into it believing it was normal. Well I stayed at my sister the they night because the snow killed my power and she found it very odd. I decided to do a little research and found its not normal. Does or did any of your kids just snore very loudly or was something wrong? They think I'm crazy I believe because he has problems breathing and they won't do anything to help him but tell me it's allergies. Even though asthma runs in the family bad. so I don't wanna bring it up about both of them to be talked to like a child. I want a new doctor but they are the only intact and bf and delayed shot doctor in the area.
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
boshs1andonly
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:04 AM

My 13 month old snores, so does all of her cousins (age 2, 5, 7, and 13- though the older two have done it since they were younger). their dr's have never expressed concern about it as far as i know

katiesing
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:08 AM
Ok good I tried googling and all I could find was about some kind of sleep apnea. I figured not every kid that snores had it.
MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:19 AM
3 moms liked this
My son snored. Turned out he needed his tonsils and adenoids removed. They were very very swollen
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:40 AM
My kids all snore, they even did as newborns.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katiesing
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Yea my son is four months and my dd almost 2 and they have since they were both born. It wakes my daughter up at night but not my son.
ScarlettRose930
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM
My son snored and had sleep apnea. He had to have his tonsils and adenoids removed. And has never snored a day since.
Dakota1228
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Bring them to the chiropractor.  Mine gave us some supplements and treated them for allergies and snoring is gone!!!

Roo1234
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM

One of my sons snored from the day he was born.  He also started sleep walking when he was about 2 years old.  They thought the cause was allergies and tried medicaton, but the side effects were causing problems so I sought another opinion from and ENT.  It turned out that he has sleep apnea and the snoring and the sleep walking ended once his tonsils were removed.

anglgrl03
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
same with my DD

Quoting MommyO2-6631:

My son snored. Turned out he needed his tonsils and adenoids removed. They were very very swollen

Junebaby18
by Nannerz on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:31 PM
Quoting MommyO2-6631:

That's what happened to my ods. His adenoids were so swollen that they said there was barely enough room to get them to remove them. After they were removed, he never snored again.
He was snoring since he was a baby and always a mouth breather. Normal baby's breathe through their nose.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)