Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

What is the best thing you bought for baby that kept you sane? I'm expecting triplets (I know! Holy crap!) And these are my first birth children. :) I just wanna know what more experienced mommas loved. Thanks :D

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 4:07 AM
Replies (21-30):
JoeyJrsMomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Swing, boppy pillow and bouncer were our most-used items.

Jansan24
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I connected an old ipod to a set of speakers in the nursery. I store all of my baby's music on it (no need to change cds) and I also downloaded Dr. Bob's Help Baby to Sleep cd (white-noise- hairdryer) on it, so the ipod now turns into a sleep machine at nap and bedtime.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers.

Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
newmom121812
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM
I have a swing and a rock and play sleeper LOVE them maybe 1 of each and a pack and play and rotate them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeeDee205
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM

It wasn't necessarily anything that I bought, moreso a choice.... to breastfeed.  The "magic boobies" took care of anything and everything.  It was free, healthy, and always on hand.  It helped them get to sleep, helped them through teething pain, helped whenever they fell down, helped them through colic (that was a biggie!).  The main drawback was for anyone (including husband) who kept the baby while I ran errands since the "magic" went with me. 

big smile mini

Bonneata
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:42 PM
A baby swing for sure.
DeeDee205
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:43 PM

By the way, CONGRATS!   and best of luck with 3 little ones.  Fun, excitement, exhaustion all at once.

April620
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:46 PM
DD's bouncy seat. Such a great buy, idk what we would do without it! It has a gentle recline, plays lullabies and vibrates. It is perfect for when we need to set her down after she has eaten or to watch some cartoons while we're getting ready in the morning
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOfOnee
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:50 PM
1 mom liked this
1.) Swing! U had q graco one that plugged in so it saved a ton of $ for batteries.
2.) Boppy vibration bouncer seat. Must have!
3. Sling! Or a carrier, your going Tp need that, one in the sling, 2 in your arms lol. Or you could do what my aunt did, put one in a sling one way, the other in the other sling the other way, and hold one lol.
Good luck momma! And Congrats! I loved my boppy too, it helped a lot with breast feeding and just holding DD, that way my arm didn't get too tired. :) And of course the stroller, we uses that 24/7 at first, cause the infant seat clicked in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
April620
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM
I've known plenty of people that alternate, not a bad idea at all in my opinion!! Use cloth at home and disposables when you're out and about so you can easily toss them and not have to worry about carrying dirty diapers around with you. I highly recommend Pampers Swaddlers, they are the absolute best if you ask me and we have pretty much tried them all. They are softer, higher quality material, a better fit for baby and we've had maybe one to two "leaks" with them compared to a dozen or more blowouts with huggies

Quoting I-mABeliever:

Thanks! I'm pretty sure we're cloth diapering. :) Do you know where to get inexpensive ones? Or like, how many do you think I would need? And would it be bad to alternate between disposable and cloth? (sorry for ? just wondering. :/)

Quoting pinkiebabii:

I didn't really use any thing to"help" with my son. He liked his jumper a lot when he got older.

My best buy would be his cloth diapers which I seriously recommend for you since you are having three.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loralismommy224
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

OMG, this is so what we do! We have the Rockabye Baby Lullabies on ours, lol!

Quoting Jansan24:

I connected an old ipod to a set of speakers in the nursery. I store all of my baby's music on it (no need to change cds) and I also downloaded Dr. Bob's Help Baby to Sleep cd (white-noise- hairdryer) on it, so the ipod now turns into a sleep machine at nap and bedtime.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)