Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Vaccines

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM
  • 69 Replies

Hi I have a one year old boy and he hasn't had a lot of his shots! I was trying to see what all of your opinions are about vaccines! I personally don't really want my son to have them but his father does. I don't know I'm kinda stuck! So if you would let me know what you think about vaccines, it would be greatly apreciated!  Also my aunt had six kids and they are all perfectly healthy! So that makes me not want to give my orecious little boy all those vaccines.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:49 AM
2 moms liked this
To me, there shouldn't even be a question in whether or not to vaccinate. You should. 'Nuff said.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Get them done. It is important. So many poeple dont get them for there selves or for there kids because they dont know the facts of how important they are. So many myths. And its sad. Doctors push it because the world we live in is discusting and its better for your child to have a chance of being protected from the ones that arent. Ask your doc for info also you can google it. The pros more than anything outwiegh the stupid cons

heathermarie27
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:38 AM
I don't have anything against anybody who vaccinates, but we do not. Ds had a severe reaction to a shot and we have refused, like its my right to, ever sense. He is perfectly healthy too. I *personally* think the bad outweigh the good, but it's a matter of opinion and only that child's mom knows what's right for their child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cali_angel_girl
by Amy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Honestly in the long run you need to do what you feel is best for your child and not go by what anyone on here says.  I would suggest doing some research on vaccinating vs non vaccinating and go from there.  Good luck with your decision.

louzannalady
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this

HERE is some useful information, like the ingredients list from the CDC and articles and great information to help you in learning how to weigh the risks and benefits of each vax. That is the only way to really make this decision, is to look at the ingredients of a vax, look at how likely it is kiddo will catch illness, what the likely outcome for catching said illness is, and such. *hug* Best wishes. 

louzannalady
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you familiar with the ingredients? If you are, are you comfortable with the ingredients? 

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/b/excipient-table-2.pdf

Quoting shadow_lark:

To me, there shouldn't even be a question in whether or not to vaccinate. You should. 'Nuff said.

louzannalady
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Are you familiar with the ingredients? If you are, are you comfortable with the ingredients? This is the CDC's list of ingredients, if you have not had a chance to look at them, yet. 

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/b/excipient-table-2.pdf

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Get them done. It is important. So many poeple dont get them for there selves or for there kids because they dont know the facts of how important they are. So many myths. And its sad. Doctors push it because the world we live in is discusting and its better for your child to have a chance of being protected from the ones that arent. Ask your doc for info also you can google it. The pros more than anything outwiegh the stupid cons

shadow_lark
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM
3 moms liked this
Yes. Sorry, but getting a quarter of a teaspoon worth of a liquid that contains probably .01% of the stuff that's questionable is still better than getting the disease. And whether or not you would like to admit it, vaccines have had incredible success in eradicating many deadly childhood diseases. Things that are now making a come back because people think they know better than science. Or because their world view is too narrow to realize that without continued utilization of vaccines, we will have a re introduction of those diseases because they still exist in the world.
I hold to my answer. For almost all of the vaccines there should be no question.

Quoting louzannalady:

Are you familiar with the ingredients? If you are, are you comfortable with the ingredients? 

Quoting shadow_lark:

louzannalady
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I respect that perspective. : ) I am just curious. You said, for almost all vaccines. I am curious which you do question.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Yes. Sorry, but getting a quarter of a teaspoon worth of a liquid that contains probably .01% of the stuff that's questionable is still better than getting the disease. And whether or not you would like to admit it, vaccines have had incredible success in eradicating many deadly childhood diseases. Things that are now making a come back because people think they know better than science. Or because their world view is too narrow to realize that without continued utilization of vaccines, we will have a re introduction of those diseases because they still exist in the world.
I hold to my answer. For almost all of the vaccines there should be no question.

Quoting louzannalady:

Quoting shadow_lark:

shadow_lark
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:56 AM
I question the flu vaccine because it really seems like having the kind of complications that you are trying to avoid with it are exceptionally rare. It seems like its our nations over reaction and irrational fear of the flu that is pushing it. I also question the chicken pox vaccine. I don't even know why it was decided that it is necessary.

Quoting louzannalady:

I respect that perspective. : ) I am just curious. You said, for almost all vaccines. I am curious which you do question.

Quoting shadow_lark:

Quoting louzannalady:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN