Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Hi I have a one year old boy and he hasn't had a lot of his shots! I was trying to see what all of your opinions are about vaccines! I personally don't really want my son to have them but his father does. I don't know I'm kinda stuck! So if you would let me know what you think about vaccines, it would be greatly apreciated!  Also my aunt had six kids and they are all perfectly healthy! So that makes me not want to give my orecious little boy all those vaccines.

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:48 AM
Replies (41-50):
elliotmommytobe
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM
My son will get every required vaccine. Id rather him get the shot then get a deadly illness because I was selfish. I have a family friend who didnt get they're baby vaccinated and she died from deadly illness
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM
What? They put out a vaccine that after giving it kids was pulled because it was not safe. They told people it was safe and whoops...they were wrong. So thinking it is safe because "they" say it is...well "they" have been wrong the past.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

hmmmm ok...So thats what you say and think. Anyway, its not what they say. Its proof . I dont need to know stuff that i already know and stuff that doesnt matter.

Quoting IrishIz:

I'm not picking an argument. I'm pointing out that just because they say it is safe (your theory) it is safe...and I pointed out that they had a vaccine on the market, being injected into kids that they pulled off because they were WRONG and it wasn't safe.

I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm just pointing out the flaw in your thinking.

My education at a master level pediatric NP program will go beyond reading a few links.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Im sorry that you feel that way. Proves a point for me. As i already knew.  I suggest you do the research. I promise that you will learn alot about how important it is to get these vaccines.  Until then please dont continue this. We are gonna go our seperate ways. You arent gonna change my mind. I know the facts and truth about this stuff. Thats why i am smart and get my kids vaccinated.  im being nice. please leave this be. No need to pick an arguement with me because thats what your are doing. Please stop. Thanks

Quoting IrishIz:

I don't need to learn about it from your links. My education goes beyond being able to read a link. Thanks. My point if that you have this belief that because they tell you to do it...it is safe even though they have screwed up in the past.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

yep, i knew that. . My kids ped told me about it when my first daughter was born because i asked even though i had done my research. After learning how important it is now i totally am glad my kids have had it. If you google it and get some up-to-date info or ask your doc then there is info of why its is important to get it and info on those who shouldnt get it and the time periods to get it. I know the facts. Thats why i choose to vaccinate. It is so important. Here is a link if you wanna learn more about it. www.imunizationinfo.org/vaccines/rotavirus or www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vac/rotavirus/default.htm

Quoting IrishIz:

Did you know there was a vaccine for Rotavirus many years ago that had such horrible reactions and the safety was a huge issue that they pulled it off the market....AFTER injecting it into many children.  Just suggesting you come up with a better argument than they wouldn't use them if they weren't safe.  They have had vaccines on the market being widely used that were pulled because they realized...oh shit this is bad bad bad.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

all of them or they wouldnt inject them into my child. Leave it alone please

Quoting louzannalady:

Which ingredients are safe?

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

yep, i know my facts. They are safe :)

Quoting louzannalady:

Are you familiar with the ingredients? If you are, are you comfortable with the ingredients? This is the CDC's list of ingredients, if you have not had a chance to look at them, yet. 

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/b/excipient-table-2.pdf

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Get them done. It is important. So many poeple dont get them for there selves or for there kids because they dont know the facts of how important they are. So many myths. And its sad. Doctors push it because the world we live in is discusting and its better for your child to have a chance of being protected from the ones that arent. Ask your doc for info also you can google it. The pros more than anything outwiegh the stupid cons

brebugmom91
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I will always vaccinate. I feel its important.
Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:26 PM

ok lady.  Quit saying the same things over and over. I have heard the same thing in every reply that you have made. Its getting old. Take your tail on and go harass someone else. enough is enough. We arent gonna agree. Have a nice day.

Quoting IrishIz:

What? They put out a vaccine that after giving it kids was pulled because it was not safe. They told people it was safe and whoops...they were wrong. So thinking it is safe because "they" say it is...well "they" have been wrong the past.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

hmmmm ok...So thats what you say and think. Anyway, its not what they say. Its proof . I dont need to know stuff that i already know and stuff that doesnt matter.

Quoting IrishIz:

I'm not picking an argument. I'm pointing out that just because they say it is safe (your theory) it is safe...and I pointed out that they had a vaccine on the market, being injected into kids that they pulled off because they were WRONG and it wasn't safe.

I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm just pointing out the flaw in your thinking.

My education at a master level pediatric NP program will go beyond reading a few links.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Im sorry that you feel that way. Proves a point for me. As i already knew.  I suggest you do the research. I promise that you will learn alot about how important it is to get these vaccines.  Until then please dont continue this. We are gonna go our seperate ways. You arent gonna change my mind. I know the facts and truth about this stuff. Thats why i am smart and get my kids vaccinated.  im being nice. please leave this be. No need to pick an arguement with me because thats what your are doing. Please stop. Thanks

Quoting IrishIz:

I don't need to learn about it from your links. My education goes beyond being able to read a link. Thanks. My point if that you have this belief that because they tell you to do it...it is safe even though they have screwed up in the past.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

yep, i knew that. . My kids ped told me about it when my first daughter was born because i asked even though i had done my research. After learning how important it is now i totally am glad my kids have had it. If you google it and get some up-to-date info or ask your doc then there is info of why its is important to get it and info on those who shouldnt get it and the time periods to get it. I know the facts. Thats why i choose to vaccinate. It is so important. Here is a link if you wanna learn more about it. www.imunizationinfo.org/vaccines/rotavirus or www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/vac/rotavirus/default.htm

Quoting IrishIz:

Did you know there was a vaccine for Rotavirus many years ago that had such horrible reactions and the safety was a huge issue that they pulled it off the market....AFTER injecting it into many children.  Just suggesting you come up with a better argument than they wouldn't use them if they weren't safe.  They have had vaccines on the market being widely used that were pulled because they realized...oh shit this is bad bad bad.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting louzannalady:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting louzannalady:

Are you familiar with the ingredients? If you are, are you comfortable with the ingredients? This is the CDC's list of ingredients, if you have not had a chance to look at them, yet. 

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/b/excipient-table-2.pdf

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Get them done. It is important. So many poeple dont get them for there selves or for there kids because they dont know the facts of how important they are. So many myths. And its sad. Doctors push it because the world we live in is discusting and its better for your child to have a chance of being protected from the ones that arent. Ask your doc for info also you can google it. The pros more than anything outwiegh the stupid cons

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Mrs.Bolin
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM

well said :)

Quoting shadow_lark:

Yes. Sorry, but getting a quarter of a teaspoon worth of a liquid that contains probably .01% of the stuff that's questionable is still better than getting the disease. And whether or not you would like to admit it, vaccines have had incredible success in eradicating many deadly childhood diseases. Things that are now making a come back because people think they know better than science. Or because their world view is too narrow to realize that without continued utilization of vaccines, we will have a re introduction of those diseases because they still exist in the world.
I hold to my answer. For almost all of the vaccines there should be no question.

Quoting louzannalady:

Are you familiar with the ingredients? If you are, are you comfortable with the ingredients? 

Quoting shadow_lark:

To me, there shouldn't even be a question in whether or not to vaccinate. You should. 'Nuff said.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
IrishIz
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:35 PM
You know what...I post the same thing because you clearly aren't understanding what I'm writing. How about you take your sheepish self and move on? I'm not harassing you...just trying to get a response that suggests you understand. Maybe I should give up and you being able to understand?

Btw...you can be rude and nasty if that's how you are.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

ok lady.  Quit saying the same things over and over. I have heard the same thing in every reply that you have made. Its getting old. Take your tail on and go harass someone else. enough is enough. We arent gonna agree. Have a nice day.

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting louzannalady:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting louzannalady:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

fullxbusymom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I think they are so important.  All my 4 kids have had all vaccines and on schedule.

fullxbusymom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree 100% with you that lady is nuts and uneducated about vaccines.  They are safe and so very very important.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting louzannalady:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting louzannalady:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

paknari
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I or vaccine but undo insist on preservative free. There are doctors that will order them and it only takes a little whole. You jus have to plan ahead. Interview a few docs if you have to I just got my preservative free flu shot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyrelsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I think her reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired, lol.

Quoting IrishIz:

You know what...I post the same thing because you clearly aren't understanding what I'm writing. How about you take your sheepish self and move on? I'm not harassing you...just trying to get a response that suggests you understand. Maybe I should give up and you being able to understand?

Btw...you can be rude and nasty if that's how you are.

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting IrishIz:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting louzannalady:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Quoting louzannalady:

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)