Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Has this flu season had an effect on you...

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:38 AM
  • 20 Replies

Since we've had this bad flu season, have you taken precautions such as limiting baby's outside travels or doing things like wiping down shopping carts with sanitizing cloths & using hand sanitizer?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
erikays
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM
No, knock on wood! I've been having my son wash his hands right away, coming home from school. I sanitize my work station at work and always wiping down carts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Graykitty92
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:18 AM
I don't take my son out unless it's to one if his doctor appointments. My son,.my husband and I have all avoided getting sick! What about your household?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:19 AM

We haven't so far. We are pretty lucky to not get sick very often, which with three kids is school and/or preschool is a miracle. I try to disinfect the house often though, wipe down hand rails, door knock, light switches, remotes, etc. with disinfecting wipes.

heather77g
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:22 AM

As of yet the flu hasn't affected us. I do worry though with all the germs that it's inevitable though. I do carry hand sanitizer and sanitizing clothes when we go shopping. Sad but true we have to take these precautions to keep ourselves and our children safe today.

expectantmom81
by Erin on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM
Not yet (knock on wood)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by Natasha on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:29 AM

All 3 if us had Type A flu 2 weeks ago!

mylilprincesses
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:59 AM
At 6 wks old my baby girl got a upper respiratory infection but since she gets mommys milk she healed up in days. no flu tho.. mommy keeps her immune system strong. we sanitize our house everyday and when she goes out keep her covered up in her carseat.
lauratupper
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Yes, we have all had the flu!

mandapanda82
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
No were all lucky so fat- me, so and dd#1 got flu shots and baby girls too young still- we've been using sanitizer like crazy and washing hands, sanitize the baby's toys alot , we don't limit going out though.
rHOPEb
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM

We ALWAYS try to have good handwashing and such.  I really thought our daughter was going to come out of this season well for she's not been sick yet.  However.....now she has not only the flu but a sinus and upper respiratory infection!  UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!  Our son has already had croup.  But we don't restrict our errands unless its very cold then one of us will go out while the other stays at home with the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN