Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has this flu season had an effect on you...

Posted by   + Show Post

Since we've had this bad flu season, have you taken precautions such as limiting baby's outside travels or doing things like wiping down shopping carts with sanitizing cloths & using hand sanitizer?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
themissheather
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM
We haven't been effected at all. I haven't really taken any extra precautions. I have a cover for high chairs/shopping carts that I use anyway and always wash my hands thoroughly. I've had the flu once my whole life (when I was about 8) and rarely get sick now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Haven't done anything to stifle it like what you suggested. We're dealing with it right now, but it's nothing we can't handle. There isn't any puking, just fevers, coughs, and lack of sleep.  But that last one comes with having kids anyway. lol.

Nicki1995
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM

We havent gotten sick. (knock on wood) We all got the flu shot, but my 10 month old only got 1 half because everyone ran out the next time she was supposed to get the other half

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM
No. We also weren't vaxed. But my mom was and got the flu a month later. We just practice good hygiene like normal. I don't put baby in a cart. He doesn't like it but i do wipe the handle. When we need to go out we go out. There's no reason to be afraid of the world
Cheyennesmommy4
by Christina on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Thankfully no. Although it's not over yet, we are especially going to be careful now that we have a newborn in our house.

momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:05 PM

We don't go out much, but thats normal for winter. I do wipe the carts and sanitize as soon as we get in the car. We pass on flu shots too.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Nope, not worried about getting the flu.
We're healthy people :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen6807
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM
My 20 month old has it now. He's been sick for 3 days. I'm crossing my fingers none of the rest of us get it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I got the flu a few weeks ago but luckily my son and husband never got it

kirstina
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:25 PM
The kids had so 12 hour flu a few weeks ago. We don't do anything different.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)