Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

4 month old about to crawl???

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi ladies!

My daughter is 4 months and has been holding up her head since 3 weeks. She has been rolling since almost two months. Now she wont stay still. She puts her butt in the air and pushes her legs to crawl but her upper half didnt do anything but push her head into the bed. Now shes positioning her hands and moving her feet to crawl. She doesnt stay at one place she will go from the top end of the bed either down or over to the edge.
I should add my baby was 12lb2oz.

What do u think?? My in laws said by mext month shell be crawling, this is what their 10 month old grandson did right before he crawled...your thoughts??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
TiffanyMarie80
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM
My son did an army crawl at 4 months - walking by 9 months- and then there's my youngest dd who rolled instead of crawled until 10 months, and started walking more thad crawling at 17 months lol.
victoriangavin
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

My ds is crawling backwards now and he's four months. I was fully crawling by 4 months and running around the house and climbing stairs oppening and locking doorsby 9 months so it does happen

louzannalady
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:24 AM

You sound like my oldest child! Lol!

Quoting victoriangavin:

My ds is crawling backwards now and he's four months. I was fully crawling by 4 months and running around the house and climbing stairs oppening and locking doorsby 9 months so it does happen

victoriangavin
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

lol i was early for alot and I was a premie, my son is following in my footsteps already

Quoting louzannalady:

You sound like my oldest child! Lol!

Quoting victoriangavin:

Beauty91805
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM
Sounds like she'll be crawling soon! My first nephew crawled early and walked at 7 months believe it or not. :)
FrumpyMama
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:15 PM

My dd was an early crawler. She fell off the bed at 4 months from scooting on her tummy.  She was all over the place by 5 months and had her own style at 6.  My ds on the other hand didn't start crawling until he was 8 months, though he was also a huge baby. 

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:06 PM

It's definitely possible, especially if she's strong and has been early with milestones. My son was crawling by 5 months

miley113012
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:21 PM
Now was there alot of tummy time in there? Like how much in often was tummy time?

Quoting GodsAmiga:

My dd2 was crawling by 5 months so it's possible. :-) She was pulling herself up to standing at 5 1/2 months and was walking by 8 months so you just might have a mover on your hands. :-)

angevil53
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Both my kids crawled around 5 months. Both walked at about 10.5 months.
GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Yeah, we always start tummy time from day one. :-) How much and how often depends on the baby. My first loved tummy time even more than being held so she had tummy time constantly throughout every day. My second got furstrated more because she was always trying to catch up with her big sister but I think that helped a lot. She didn't have tummy time as often throughout the day but during her tummy time she was constantly trying to move. And her sister-despite being a toddler-was super maternal (still is now at 4) and instead of seeing dd2 trying to get a toy and bringing it to her she would instead get down at the same level and start encouraging her to get it herself. But I think a lot of it is just the child. My second is almost 3 now and much more athletic than her sister. But then my first has always been more interested in learning things then my second and knew her shapes, colors, numbers, etc by a year old. Every child has different areas that they excel more in so I think that definitely plays a big part because they are usually more interested in learning those areas first. :-)

Quoting miley113012:

Now was there alot of tummy time in there? Like how much in often was tummy time?

Quoting GodsAmiga:

My dd2 was crawling by 5 months so it's possible. :-) She was pulling herself up to standing at 5 1/2 months and was walking by 8 months so you just might have a mover on your hands. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)