Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

4 month old about to crawl???

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi ladies!

My daughter is 4 months and has been holding up her head since 3 weeks. She has been rolling since almost two months. Now she wont stay still. She puts her butt in the air and pushes her legs to crawl but her upper half didnt do anything but push her head into the bed. Now shes positioning her hands and moving her feet to crawl. She doesnt stay at one place she will go from the top end of the bed either down or over to the edge.
I should add my baby was 12lb2oz.

What do u think?? My in laws said by mext month shell be crawling, this is what their 10 month old grandson did right before he crawled...your thoughts??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Replies (21-21):
StellarCaterp
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Hello!  Yes, it sounds like she may be crawling soon.  I teach motor skill play to moms and babies and have had babies learn to crawl as young as 4 1/2 months and as old as 8 months.  Each baby is individual.  What is important, and you have mentioned it, is that she has lifted her head for awhile and has been rolling.  It sounds like she could learn to belly crawl since she does not yet have the upper body strength to support her in the hands and knees position.  You might learn a few tips to guide here here on my on-line guide:

http://stellarcaterpillar.com/category/baby-motor-skill-development-belly-crawling/page/2/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN