Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding!! Ugh....

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM
  • 16 Replies
Hi everyone! My mother is making me feel bad about breast feeding my 16 week old daughter. I'm so frustrated about it. I understand her frusration because my dd doesn't want to take a bottle. She will fight you on it for a few minutes then will give in and take it. But my mom is like this is all your fault you had her use to the bottle then started to nurse her again because you were worried about your supple! My dd was a c-section and got jaundice so her suckle was weak and I wasn't producing enough breast milk so I had to supplement her with formula and pump to get my supple up. I have told my mom that she needs to stop making me feel bad. And she does for a couple days then she will yell at me again after a bad day with my dd. Do you guys think I should stop nursing and just pump to get her to take the bottle better?? I'm just so frustrated. Thanks for listening to me vent!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkifam5
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM
If it works for you then keep doing what you're doing. Your mom didn't give birth.. you did!..
ZsMommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

No.

People who encourage bottle to actual bond time tween mother and child IMO are merely selfish. She's looking for "her" bonding time tween grandmother and grandchild-But this is YOUR baby so you just nurse!

preacherskid
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Mom needs to take a BIG step back and let you be the parent.  If she wants to "bond" with her grandchild there are a ton of other things she can do, she can cuddle her, wear her, bathe her, play with her, sing to her, the list goes on.  If she is watching your dd while you work, shop, etc and the refusal of a bottle is frustrating to her she can try a sippy minus the lid filter- she tips, baby sips.  Yes your baby is old enough, mom just needs to hold her upright, which she should do when bottle feeding a breast baby anyway.  If you want to nurse, then nurse.  EPing is HARD, and time consuming, and stressful bc you have to pump no matter what every two hours, spend money on a good double pump, bottles, pump parts, etc- it is all the headache of ffing with the headache of pumping thrown in.  Your needs/wants and your lo's needs are the ONLY things that should be considered in this case.

kirstensmommie
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I wouldn't stop breast feeding to make any one happy. If your DD likes breast feeding do it your mom will just have to get over it
mama_l
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Why would you allow anyone to bully you into not giving your child the best? This is your child. Don't ever allow someone to guilt you into doing less for your LO! Be confident and turn a deaf ear to your Mother's problem.
PEEK05
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Why does it matter that she won't take a bottle? If you are not working away from her, she does not NEED a bottle EVER if you don't want her to have one and if she won't take one. :)

kirstina
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:23 PM
No way.
Tell your mom to respect your choices as a parent or she will not be watching your dad. Print out articles about how breastfeeding is better.
Kris_PBG
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Bfing is the perfect way to feed your child!  Why does your mother get to interfere in that?

norwgnwood
by Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:27 PM
What everyone else said! Don't let her bully you! She is being 1000000% selfish!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
iansmommy9
by Natasha on Jan. 26, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Shame on your mom for making you feel bad! Breastfeeding is really tough and adding this stress is even harder. Back in the 70's and 80's most people bottle fed. If your mom didn't breast feed she has no idea how hard it can be. You have to do what's right for you and your baby. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)