Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

somebody please help me ease my mind!

Posted by   + Show Post
My dd is 15 months, will be 16 months on Feb 13. Anyway she is only 29 inches, that's pretty little for her age. All the other babies around her age are around 32 to 36 inches tall! Could something be wrong with her?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
abra
by Abra on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. One of my sons is on a growth projectile to be over 6 feet tall as an adult, my daughter, on the other hand, will be lucky to be 5 feet tall. Both kids have myself and my hubby as parents. They are 4 (girl) and 2 (boy) and I get asked fairly often if they are twins. People are just made deifferently, no worries!

Quoting dedicatedrider:

Variation of normal. My almost 3 year old is only 36 in =)
Jansan24
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM

36 inches is really, really tall for a 16month old. My 2yr old is 35inches and he's in the 98th percentile for height for his age. I'm sure your baby is fine. If you're worried, speak with someone from your pedi's office.

AmericanChild82
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:14 PM

My niece is about 18 months and she's about your daughters size. Picking her up, she feels weightless. I wouldn't worry unless she's showing signs of mental or physical delays. She could just be one of those kiddo's that's on the smaller end of the spectrum.

tyrelsmom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM
And you're expecting a giant? LOL.

She'll probably be petite. Does your mom have a list of your stats as a baby/toddler? You were probably just as little. Maybe that will put your mind at ease.

Quoting brittney28:

I'm ,5'2 and her dad is 5'6

Quoting shadow_lark:

She's probably fine. Are you tall? What about her dad? As long as she is following her own curve then there isn't anything to worry about.

Both of mine are giants, but so is Dh and I'm no pixie either so its not surprising.

.oOMellyOo.
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM

so long as she is hitting all of her milestones then she is perfectly fine :) My middle DD isn't even on the growth chart. 

little.worthen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM

my son is 23 inches. he is 14 months. he's just short..

LavenderMom23
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Are you or Dh short? Is she getting adequate feedings? What does the pedi think?

elliotmommytobe
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Wow my ds is 27 in and only 6 months
DeeDee205
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM

My daughter was 16 lb, 29" tall when she was 13 months.  Dr did run extra blood tests just to make sure there wasn't anything that we needed to be concerned with, but she was perfectly normal.  Funny thing is that she will be 3 next month and people always comment on how tall she is for her age.  Don't worry, children grow at different rates.

brittney28
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)