Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baltic amber teething necklace??

Posted by   + Show Post

has anyone ever used one??  If so what is the age you started putting one on your kids?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Replies (11-13):
CelestialSong
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I just ordered one for my 18 month old, who is finally working on some back teeth and seems much more uncomfortable and irritable than she was with her front teeth. My biggest concern was finding one that is real amber, not synthetic stuff, which I've seen people claim theirs were. I hope it will work for her, I've heard such mixed reviews about them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CelestialSong
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Not for an amber necklace. The theory with amber is that it will relieve the symptoms of teething when the succinic acid in the amber is absorbed into the skin. You can use them for any kind of pain, really, but it seems most popular to use for teething. You don't want to let your kid chew on it though, it's a choking hazard if a bead pops off.

Quoting LavenderMom23:

A friend purchased one for my 11 month old DD last week and she loves it. I am slightly concerned it comes with a card reading "NOT FOR CHEWING". Umm, isn't that the point? To teeth on it? I assume they don't want your little one too have many teeth?

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:01 PM
No we have never used one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)