Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

my dd is throwing up!

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM
  • 16 Replies

what are good remedies for an upset tummy? she's not running a fever and is acting ok. i've been told in the past not to worry unless she has a fever or the vomiting continues for more than 24 hours so i'm waiting on taking her to the doctor. any advice for me as far as ways to help her? she's 18 months.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shjchica
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water. Not sure if it will work for the vomiting (if she's ill) but it is for upset tummy, colic, hiccups teething. My DD was having real bad colic and Thursday night she started vomiting and within a few minutes of giving it to her she calmed right down, the vomiting stopped and she went to sleep. We ended up switching her formula to Alimentum and she stopped (clearly your LO is older). It says it works for hiccups too, so I tried it on her since she gets them ALL the time, and it took them right away.
http://www.mommysbliss.com/store/products/gripe-water/

They sell it at Walmart, and at our store it's $10.

kblpooh
by Krista on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM
If you are breast feeding, nurse her when she wants.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeysMom11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM

bump

abra
by Abra on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Cooled chamomile tea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM
did she just puke once? was it right after she ate?
if she is breastfed then let her nurse. give every small amounts of water or gatorade every 15 minutes. give her bland foods like toast, crackers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
minnesotamommie
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Keep her hydrated with water or apple juice or whatever clearish lyquid she will drink the flu is going around everywhere my 3 yr old has it oh and chase her around to catch the vomit in a towel so you have to clean up less
babygomez
by April on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:11 PM

I don't have experience with my kids vomiting, but hope your baby feels better soon.

Bump!

ZoeysMom11
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM

she threw up 4 times yesterday. but it started a couple hours after she ate, unfortunately in the car. she slept the whole night and has not puked anymore. we gave her a light breakfast of dry toast and pedilyte and she kept it down so i'm assuming it was just a small bug or something she ate.

Quoting kirstina:

if she is breastfed then let her nurse. give every small amounts of water or gatorade every 15 minutes. give her bland foods like toast, crackers.

kirstina
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Most the time my kids just get like a 12 hour bug. I am glad she feeling better:)

Quoting ZoeysMom11:

she threw up 4 times yesterday. but it started a couple hours after she ate, unfortunately in the car. she slept the whole night and has not puked anymore. we gave her a light breakfast of dry toast and pedilyte and she kept it down so i'm assuming it was just a small bug or something she ate.

Quoting kirstina:

kirstina
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Place a few small trash cans or buckets around the house in rooms are in a lot. And have her puke in them. Around 3 my kids started to know when they were going to puke and could most the time get to a trash can 10 feet away but most the time it was right next to them. I hope you little one feels better soon.

Quoting minnesotamommie:

Keep her hydrated with water or apple juice or whatever clearish lyquid she will drink the flu is going around everywhere my 3 yr old has it oh and chase her around to catch the vomit in a towel so you have to clean up less
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)