Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Mother has her child tattooed. Disturbing Video.

Posted by   + Show Post

Youtube Link

I tried adding the video, but it won't work so you'll have to click this link.

WARNING: I didn't even watch this video, I can't and I won't. I won't even give you my honest opinion on what I think should be done to this "mother" for doing this to her CHILDREN. Yes, he is not the first one to have gone through this stupidity.

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Replies (21-30):
lauratupper
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Yep

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Is some countries and cultures it is the norm and sometimes considered to be a right of passage. It isn't my normal but it may be someone else's. Not that I agree with it or ever put my child through something like that.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Smh ... That's just nuts! I don't want to watch the video either.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by Angela on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

That is disgusting. Who does something like that?

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:34 PM

No, I'm not watching, someone described it to me....sad

jridgill
by Sapphire Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Crazy :(
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:48 PM
From what i've heard about this video, they're tattooing the child because where they are, child sex trafficking is on the rise and the tattoos are for helping identify the child if ever they've been kidnapped and found. Not sure if it's true for that particular video though....
I personally don't agree with cosmetic modifications of any kind when done to a non-consenting child, whether it's tattoos, piercings, or circumcisions.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aimesnyc
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I couldn't watch the whole thing, either.  I just couldn't stop picturing that being my son. :(  Sometimes there is a thin line between accepting something because it's cultural and abusive behavior.  Example - some cultures believe in clitoral circumcision.  Just because a culture believes in something does NOT make it right. 

I mean, come on.  At that age they could have gotten him a damn stick-on or even a henna tattoo.

XVAmomma
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I saw this on FB and a local newspaper. I don't have a link but it was posted/reported in order to find the mother, and the 3 guys on the video including the tattoo artist. The video is much longer and the audio - which isn't same as you have it here - the mother and one of the men talks to the kid to "comfort" the kid. You can also hear them explain a "religious ritual".

It is ILEGAL in this country to tattoo a person under 21 here without the parents authorization and it is ILEGAL and consider CHILD ABUSE to tattoo someone 17 yrs or younger with or without parents authorization.

I do hope all are found and prosecuted (sp?). A child shouldn't go through this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sarahb22
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:42 PM
Not really a tattoo is a needle going into you over and over and its forever. The ear rings can come out that child will always have it AND it will be all f'ed up because his skin will grow.

Quoting mandapanda82:

But really is you think about it, moms get their babies ears pierced. I don't think that's that big of deal, but it's kinda the same. And I don't judge parents who do that! Heck I wanted my girls ears pierced but SO won't let me

miley113012
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Wow that's just really sad how could you hold ur kid down through that burning in to ur skin with him screaming Wtf this just makes me angry...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)