Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

mommy boost anyone??

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM
  • 8 Replies

Every morning I'll have 1 to 2 cups of coffee outta habit, but as far as the caffine giving me any boost? Nothing. I'm pretty sure after drinking it for over 20 years, my body had to have grown tolerance for it so other than the taste, it may as well be just another warm drink. With raising an 18 year old and trying to keep the household together I've been looking for alternative boosts throughout the day and still looking. I've tried exercise in the morning and a good breakfast. Then I've tried more extreme measures like every energy drink out there. Even that little 5 hour energy shot only works for maybe 30 min on me. Any ideas?

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LuvMyBoys09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM
No suggestions....I drink my Muscle Milk, put on my gym shoes and get myself a good workout....that usually does it for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sara.Worthey
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Detox from the caffeine? Drink nothing that has caffeine in it for a week or two, then start at a low dose and see if that helps? That's what works for me, but I haven't drank caffeine for that many years, so you may need a longer detox time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nytchan78
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM

haha wish me luck. Me without caffeine is like a teenager without their cell phone. Getting caffeine free drinks is like a teenager with their cell phone, but not being able to text or go on the web lol Mothers have the best analogies

alexislovesjr
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Do you get enough sleep? I exericise early morning before I get kids up and then coffee... sometimes a lo-cal Monster. Then late afternoon I get 1 hour workout at gym. Helps me pass out when kiddos go to sleep which is at 8pm. I always try to get 8 hours of sleep if possible.

Nytchan78
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I would always love more sleep, but I think I'm getting enough. I'll sleep for about 7-8 hours and feel rested when I first wake up, but after an hour or two I'll just want to nap all day and it sucks dragging your feet when there's a million chores to do. More caffine throughout the day will either just make me have to use the bathroom more and make me jittery, but no boost. Thank you for the replies!

momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this

What do you normally eat? Food can have a huge impact on our energy level.

abra
by Abra on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Spinach green smoothie, vitamin b6 or try a protein supplement. Honestly, though none of this can replace healthy eating habits and getting enough sleep. 

abra
by Abra on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Caffiene taps into your stored energy, which is why it is addicting. Once you delete your store, you are dependant upon the caffiene to keep you going, which is a downward spiral and why you eventually have to drink more and more. Thr initial withdrawal will be difficult, but after you recover, you won't need caffiene anymore. I used to be a barista snd drank a pot of coffee plus a couple shots of espresso a day. I switched to decaf and now I only have one cup of drip coffee a day. I can go without it without any negative consequences and sometimes I will switch it out for tea or cocoa. 

Quoting Nytchan78:

haha wish me luck. Me without caffeine is like a teenager without their cell phone. Getting caffeine free drinks is like a teenager with their cell phone, but not being able to text or go on the web lol Mothers have the best analogies

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)