Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

brushing baby's hair?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
  • 19 Replies
My 16 month old has thick hair that reaches down past her shoulders but she hates when I brush it. I have to brush it and put it up or it will be in her eyes all day. Not to mention stuck to her runny nose. Yuck. Anyways what are some tips for getting her to sit still while I brush it. I always give her a toy but she still with not sit still.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momto1ryen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM

I used to do it while dd was eating breakfast. It was usually a good distraction.

andersongirl562
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Cut it until she is old enough to care.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilyelephant
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Do you use detangler so you don't have to spend as much time?

polkaspots
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Honestly, my daughter is three and still doesn't sit down nicely so her hair can get done. At least not when i ask her to. Have you ever fought to change a diaper? Or fought to get dressed? I've learned that you just have to get it done. If Bell's hair doesn't get put up in a ponytail and a braid the ponytail comes out because her hair is so fine. And then her hair gets all matted and dirty within a few hours of running around.
Edit to add: make sure you use a good conditioner. I use VO5 most of the time, but I keep cholesterol and garnier conditioner around for when our hair needs it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirstina
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Yeah I fight to changes her diaper sometimes but its a lot easier to distract her when I change her or dress her because I am in front of her. I have a 4 year old did and her hair is long and thick. And she never put up a fight at this age that I can think of. Lol she didn't start fighting me until she was about 3 and that ended really quick because if she didn't sit for me I would put her in time out.
What kind of ponytail holders do you use? I use the little tiny rubber band looking kind. I buy like 500 of them in a pack at dollar tree normally I use 2 at a time because other wise they break.

Quoting polkaspots:

Honestly, my daughter is three and still doesn't sit down nicely so her hair can get done. At least not when i ask her to. Have you ever fought to change a diaper? Or fought to get dressed? I've learned that you just have to get it done. If Bell's hair doesn't get put up in a ponytail and a braid the ponytail comes out because her hair is so fine. And then her hair gets all matted and dirty within a few hours of running around.

Edit to add: make sure you use a good conditioner. I use VO5 most of the time, but I keep cholesterol and garnier conditioner around for when our hair needs it.
kirstina
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:41 PM
No and it normally only talk me less than 1 minute if she will sit still or if my hubby older her for me.

Quoting emilyelephant:

Do you use detangler so you don't have to spend as much time?

kirstina
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:42 PM
No way. She will not even get a trim until she is 5-6.

Quoting andersongirl562:

kirstina
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM
No way. She will not even get a trim until she is 5-6.

Quoting andersongirl562:

alexislovesjr
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Do it while she is eating or give her a snack, watching her fav morning cartoon, a book.

MommyO2-6631
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Do it when she's eating a snack. My mom always had to hold us down in between her legs to braid ours lol but it was past our bottoms
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN