Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Babies Babies

Rice cereal- Yes or No? whats your opinion?

Hello ladies! So I have a 4 month old baby boy who I'll admit loves to eat and lately the past couple weeks feel like I can't get him off my chest! Lol so my mother starting suggesting I feed him rice cereal to 'satisfy him" n that she fed it to me and my 3 brothers all at 3 months and he'll be fine blah blah. I'm kinda iffy about it, not sure if its something I want to do, spoke to his doc and he said it would be ok to start him on cereal too if I desired. Was wondering if any other mommies do/have feed cereal to your LOs or if u don't and what your reasons for choosing to or not too?
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Replies (21-24):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:13 AM

We skip it.

aj_mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:07 PM

I did it with both of my kids, however, you need to do whatever you are comfortable doing.

mylilprincesses
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:08 PM
The only reason I used it with my older girls was to put in their bottles.. but this time since I EBF she we are gonna skip rice cereal.. I don't find necessary.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Monica_0812
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 2:15 PM
with my oldest daughter I started at four months which wasn't a good idea since she suffered from constipation. She was a formula fed baby and at that time formula was enough for her so I hate listening to people that told ne it was ok.
I also have a 2 month old and he's the opposite from his sister. My little boy loves to eat and I will probably will start feeding him rice cereal when he turns 4 months since he doesn't have any problems with his bowels. I think it all depends on the baby and how well they do with it but don't forget to ask your pediatrician to give you the green light. (:
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)